Electronic Design Engineer / Electronic Engineer - Printer
Job Title: Electronic Design Engineer
Our client is the leading provider of product identification solutions in a wide range of industries including food, beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, electronics, chemical, and aerospace. They are committed to helping customers deliver their operational objectives, and place them at the core of everything they do.
They are currently seeking an Electronic Design Engineer to join their team in Huntingdon, UK.
An exciting opportunity for an electronic design engineer to join our client's team. In this role the candidate will design, develop and test electronics for our inkjet printers. The candidate will work closely with the rest of the design team as well as within a wider cross-functional R&D team.
- Whilst coverage of all of the following is more desirable, we are looking to recruit for the longer term so a candidate's ability to grow into the role will be important.
- Design using microprocessors, microcontrollers, CPLD, FPGA and interfacing to digital and analogue sensors and transducers.
- Design and implementation of test rigs and software for design verification and functional test.
- Programmable logic design and test benches for individual modules up to whole designs.
- Documentation of the specification and implementation of products. Planning, executing and documenting test and verification.
- Design for volume production of products that are safe, reliable and meet required industry standards.
- Participate in technology development, process improvement and general housekeeping efforts as a member of the team.
- Participate in technical reviews, feasibility studies and project reviews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Whilst relevant ink jet experience is desirable, suitably qualified candidates looking to establish themselves in the industry will also be considered.
- Electronic Engineering (Good Honours Degree or equivalent)
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency and who is motivated by achievement
- Digital electronic design (microcontroller, microprocessor, CPLD, FPGA)
- Analogue electronic design (interfacing to sensors and transducers)
- Programmable logic design (VHDL for Altera).
- Design verification and functional test software (C/C++, Arduino, Raspberry Pi).
- Hands-on assembly and test work
- Problem solving capabilities with data driven analysis and conclusion.
- Ability to express technical matters adequately, both orally and in writing.
- Teamwork within multi-functional project teams.
- Agility to work concurrently on multiple project teams.
- The ability to travel to other Videojet sites globally, such as China and the US is desirable.
WHY this company?
- Our client is a global organization of more than 3,200 professionals, dedicated to serving our customers through teamwork, cooperation, innovation and the continuous pursuit of excellence in all business.
- They offer a wide range of exciting career opportunities for those who seek a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment where personal contributions are recognized and rewarded.
- You'll learn and become highly skilled in the powerful Business System. You'll have the opportunity to work with a premier management team that takes the professional development of company associates very seriously. You'll find that our client's broad range of products and services makes it possible for them to offer a variety of meaningful, challenging career opportunities working in their diverse business groups.
The company is an equal opportunity employer. They evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Electronic Engineer, Electronics Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Design Engineer, Electronics Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Engineer, Design Engineer, Project Design Engineer, AutoCAD Multi-skilled Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Technical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Electronic Engineering, Electrical Machinery Engineer, Electrical Technician, Electrician, Electrical Repair Engineer may be considered for this role.