Covering both our Carlisle and Workington stores, the job holder will be based from Carlisle and have responsibility for items of stock moving in and out of the stores, maintaining correct stock levels and contributing to Supply Chain end targets. They will also be required to monitor and manage Plant and equipment requirement as appropriate activities.
The post holder will be allocated to a store but may be required to travel around the geographical area when required to ensure consistency and accuracy and coverage throughout the stores network. The role will involve you working 41.25 hours a week and may involve working on a variable shift pattern between the hours of 7am and 10pm, also including weekends.
Duties Will Include:
- On a daily basis deal with the delivery and collection of both inward and outward stock movement whilst maintaining accuracy for the recording required for accounting purposes.
- Record all stock movements and follow through any discrepancies that arise via our logistic providers electronic system
- Receipt all stock in accordance with our policies and procedures
- Keep accurate records for all inward and outwards inventory movements
- Identify issues where goods deliveries arrive faulty, late or short
- The job holder will communicate with colleagues, to ensure correct documentation and ordering processes are followed
- The job holder may be required to carry out driving duties as part of their role.
- Adhere and promote a safe and clean environment in line with our policy and procedures
- Liaise directly with supplier/logistics suppliers regards stock and issues
- Ensure emergency out of hours stocks are available and managed
- Carry out sample and full audits of inventory as and when required
- Manage/Monitor and reduce wastage in line with our policy
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, customers and members of the general public.
- Ability to work with electronic stock management systems I e computers /tablets etc
- Demonstrative experience of working in a controlled and organised envronment
- Methodical and proactive approach to materials management
- Have a proactive and enthusiastic approach
- Possession of a current Full Driving Licence
- Possession of a current Gas Network Safety Passport or equivalent
- Telehandler licence (training may be given to suitable candidate)
- Trailer/Towing licence (parts B/E on licence)
- Permanent Contract
- £22,521 per annum
- 41.25 hours per week
- 25 days' annual leave per annum
- 5 days SSP then occupational sick pay
- Stakeholder Pension Scheme 5/10
- Flexible Benefits (cycle to work, family friendly policies etc.)