Part Time Sales Assistant
C and H are looking for a Part Time Sales Assistant in our busy Home Furnishing department on the ground floor of our Tunbridge Wells Store. The floor sells Furnishing Fabrics, Ready Made and Made-to-Measure Curtains and Blinds and Net Curtains. Applicants ideally have retail experience and an interest in home furnishings as well as a strong commitment to good customer service. Please note this role involves weekend work.
C and H is an established family run business with over 80 years experience on the high street and have traded in Tunbridge Wells for over 30 years.
• To look after our home furnishing customers, promote our curtain and blind related products, work as a team and eliminate unnecessary loss.
• To be responsible small departments on the floor, reporting to the Floor Manager.
Selling, Service and Procedures
• To approach and identify home furnishing customer needs promptly and accurately.
• To provide specialist home furnishing advice, expertise and knowledge of the range to sell products, offer related goods, suitable alternatives and C and H services to build upon sales.
Display and Presentation:
• To clean and tidy sales area and merchandise the area to maximise sales.
• Communicate with Buyers, Sales Representatives and Floor Managers in order that sales floor layout may be enhanced and suggest additions or limitations of the home furnishings and ready made curtain product ranges in order to maximise sales.
Stock Control and Stock Handling:
• To gain an in depth and ongoing knowledge of the product and suppliers within the ready made curtain department.
• Complete stock counts, fill in basic stock sheets and ensure regular replenishment of home furnishings products.
• To check both sales floor and stockroom stock to identify any stock discrepancy. take action and remedy any stock issues.
Job Title: Part Time Sales Assistant
Location: Tunbridge Wells
Salary: £7.50ph + 20% Staff Discount
Working Hours: 16.5 hours per week
Days Required: Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Please apply online for this Part Time Sales Assistant role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.