IT Support Engineer - Barnsley
Our client is looking to recruit an IT Support Engineer to join their team, to complete the initial diagnosis of support incidents and either resolve to the ticket owner’s satisfaction or escalate to Third Line Technical Support or 3rd Party Suppliers using agreed protocols.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
• Fulfilling standard requests using documented processes and procedures.
• Managing incidents, requests and problems in line with current skills and abilities.
• Proactively keeping colleagues informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email and any other computer communication channel deemed necessary.
• Maintaining accurate records relating to incidents, requests, and any other aspects of IT service management.
• Completing infrastructure administration tasks.
• Administrating their IT estate.
• Setting up and configuring new mobile phones and handheld devices.
• Informing and instructing colleagues on how to get the best out of their IT infrastructure in the most efficient and effective manner.
• Achieving agreed service outcomes and personal targets.
• Working on the shift and/or rota as determined by the manager.
Experience of some or all of the following would be advantageous:
• Multiple Window platform.
• MS Exchange.
• Experience in Clearswift Mail Sweeper.
• Checkpoint Firewalls.
• Backup Management.
• Server and PC component maintenance.
• Printer maintenance.
• HP 3Lpar knowledge advantageous.
• ESX hosts.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and organisational skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• A good understanding of customer service, to promote professional conduct and company values internally and externally.
• Strong IT skills with the ability to learn in-house systems and explain concepts clearly to others.
• Analytical, research and problem solving skills.
• Good organisational skills.
• Due to shift work own transport would be advantageous.
As the UK market leading Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom fitted furniture manufacturer, our client has had unsuppressed growth over the last 40 years, with an emphasis on providing a high standard of products and service. They are currently seeking the very best people, to further strengthen their position within the industry by appointing dedicated individuals to share in their success.
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Job Category: IT
Salary: Competitive Salary + Benefits
This is the ideal opportunity to join the industry’s most successful team! If you would like to join their team please apply online for this IT Support Engineer role with your CV and covering letter quoting VO1837.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.