Freight Service Coordinator
Freight Service Coordinator
Drive your career in the right direction…
If you’re motivated and have a strong work ethic, this is the perfect opportunity to develop a career in the transport industry as part of a professional and friendly team, where your positive attitude will take you far.
Who will I be working with?
Gwynedd Shipping Group is an award-winning transport, shipping and storage company, operating within the UK and Ireland with a modern fleet of over 650 trailers. Having built a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service, and with an established team of over 100 drivers, the business is continuing to grow year on year and has recently joined Palletways, Europe’s largest and fastest growing palletised freight network.
So, what will the role of Freight Service Coordinator entail?
Reporting to the Operations Manager and the General Manager, you will coordinate the freight process, from liaising with customers and speaking with suppliers, through to managing the freight loads from collection to delivery on both sides of the Irish Sea. Your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Speaking with customers via telephone in order to understand their requirements
- Developing business by getting in touch with existing customers
- Managing freight loads in their entirety, from collection through to shipping and delivery
- Working with suppliers to ensure smooth delivery of service
- Utilising various in-house and web based systems to manage client bookings from collection to delivery
- Ensuring all health and safety requirements are taken into account to ensure that each consignment is completed within the industry guidelines
What will I need to be considered for this role of Freight Service Coordinator?
- Proven experience in an office environment
- Positive and proactive attitude, with the drive and motivation to succeed
- Superb problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritise and multitask different projects at one time in a fast paced environment
- Professional and friendly manner towards both customers and colleagues
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Proficient IT literacy, with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and ability to learn and adapt to in-house IT systems
Experience in the logistics and transport industry would be advantageous, although not essential as full training will be provided.
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of a growing business working as part of a professional team, where your efforts and contribution will be recognised and rewarded.
Salary: £17,000 – £21,500 per annum, level dependent on current experience
Other benefits: 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays, increasing with increments to maximum of 25 days after 5 years’ service, pension scheme with employer contribution of 3% after probation, death in service cover
Contract type: Permanent
Hours of Work: The office opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. Flexibility with start and finish times will be required to meet business needs within these hours, you will also be required to work one in every four Saturday mornings
Location: Holyhead (Anglesey, North Wales)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Freight Service Coordinator vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Gwynedd Shipping Group, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.