Assistant Store Manager
At Toys R Us we’re passionate about nurturing talent and as Managers have developed and taken on new opportunities, many at the helm of their own stores, we now have a number of fantastic opportunities for experienced retailers to join the fun in the London area!
With stores in Brent Cross, Watford, Enfield, Ilford, Bayswater, Colliers Wood, Croydon, Sydenham and Old Kent Road and further plans for the future there are flexible opportunities for the right candidates.
What you’ll do:
Following your 12 week store based training programme, you’ll be a hands on Assistant Store Manager with responsibility for:
- Supporting the Store Manager with the overall operation of your store
- Ensuring excellent standards of customer service at all times
- Maximising sales and profit by delivering efficient and effective management of all sales and operational areas
- Coaching, motivating, inspiring and developing the store team members to achieve personal and store objectives
- Ensuring stock loss, labour and manageable costs are controlled efficiently
- Effectively communicating at all levels
- Fun - we want to deliver joy to children of all ages and to do that, everyone needs to be involved!
Qualities you’ll have:
- Experience at Supervisor, Team Leader or Assistant Store Manager level
- A passion for customer service and going the extra mile
- A hands on style with a can do attitude and a desire to develop a career in retail
- An ability to demonstrate effective performance in problem solving, decision making, building relationships, developing self and staff, planning and organising
- Flexibility to work in at least 3 stores for coverage and progression opportunities
- A sense of fun!
How we’ll reward you:
- A competitive salary from £22-25k depending on experience
- A benefits package including an annual performance related bonus, store discount of up to 20% and exclusive savings on brand name retailers
- Career progression in a true meritocracy
- Fun – dressing up, demonstrating products, character visits, Santa at Christmas, all in all it’s a pretty fun place to work!
Ready to join the fun? Then click the link to apply now!