Field Supervisor / Homecare Coordinator
We have an excellent position available for a Field Supervisor / Homecare Coordinator to be based in the Royal Borough of Kingston, and other locations if required.
*** Important ***
Please note that it is essential you have a full driving licence and own car.
Our client is a registered Domiciliary Care provider, offering Community Supported Living to people living in the community, either with their families or in their own homes. They offer support with personal care, as well as help and support for each person to learn new skills, develop independence, access other services and enjoy life as part of the community. They also provide home based support to individuals who are referred by Social Services. Each person has a Support Plan and an Activity Planner. Information includes personal care, learning opportunities, recreational, social, respite breaks, vocational and work activities
As Field Supervisor / Homecare Coordinator you will be responsible to the Registered Manager for the day to day service provision to the Service Users by producing detailed work schedules for the Care Workers and providing both written and verbal instructions/guidance to them.
Responsibilities as Field Supervisor / Homecare Coordinator
• Be conversant with the Care Standards Act 2008 for Domiciliary Care Regulations
• (National Minimum Standards) and legislation governing the service and other regulations concerning the provision of both domiciliary care and residential care services.
• Be aware of the Quality Assurance Policy, CQC Compliances and Regulations in the provision of a quality service to the Service Users.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, on the telephone, face to face or in written communication.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times and carry out the Company’s Confidentiality Policy.
• Carry out the monitoring of the service in the field to ensure that it meets the quality targets of the Company, contractual requirements of the commissioners and to keep the Line Manager informed of the outcomes and issues that are identified.
• Report to the Line Manager any issues regarding the legislative requirements concerning the services provided and the staff providing them.
• Visit Service Users and to make reviews of the written Care Plans, examine the written records of medication administration, finance and daily log notes kept by Staff as required by the Line Manager.
• Report to the Line Manager any financial issues that have an impact on the overall budget.
• Assist the Line Manager with the recruitment, induction, training, supervision and appraisals of Staff.
• At the direction of the Line Manager – to carry out spot checks and Supervision reviews of the Staff’s performance.
• To be familiar with the Company’s obligations on legislative matters included but not limited to the Health & Safety Regulations.
• Assisting the Line Manager with the monitoring and implementation of quality control policies.
• Assist the Line Manager in providing a quality service by a team of trustworthy, well trained and reliable Care Workers.
• Participating in the ‘out of hours’ call rota.
• Undertakes on occasions, the role of care worker to deal with care provisions in adverse circumstances.
Essential skills and attributes:
• Experience in a similar care position with a sound understanding of the principles of good care
• Good presentation, communication, literacy, computing and numeracy skills
• Knowledge and skills to use systems to manage delivery of care services e.g. People Planner
• Dedication and commitment
• Effective team player
• Strong planning and organisational skills – time management
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Calm and patient
• Ability to cope with change or emergencies
• Ability to display empathy and be understanding
• Flexible and reliable
• People management skills
• NVQ 3
• Professional qualification
• Experience as a supervisor or senior care worker or other role within a care providing organisation.
For the full time role of Field Supervise / Homecare Coordinator there is a salary on offer of £19,000 to £23,000 pa.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Care, supervisor, social services,