£10.55 per hour
Here at Mears Group our vision is to make a positive difference to the communities we serve.
We do this by improving homes, improving communities and improving lives and our approach is based on the development of outstanding partnerships with employees, clients, tenants, customers, their families and the wider community.
With staff of all ages and walks of life, a job with Mears has a rewarding impact on the lives of others and your own life. With offices across the UK, a job at Mears could be just around the corner.
We currently have an opportunity for a Plasterer to join our team based in Manchester.
Within this role, you will be responsible for undertaking all aspects of plastering in commercial and domestic premises, new and existing, to a high-quality standard in accordance with appropriate Safety Regulations. You will also be expected to carry out some multi-skilled repairs.
In addition, you will also prepare all paperwork including timesheets, accurate descriptions of work carried out, estimating repair requirements, trades, and job coding and costing.
In order to be successful in this role, it is essential that you are an experienced Plasterer and are qualified to NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
Furthermore, you will be an effective communicator and will possess customer care skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. You should be able to understand paper work and job coding and must also be willing to attend in-house training. Familiarity with IT systems is also required.
Above all, we are looking for an individual who is motivated with the ability to put the customer/client first.
Candidates for this role must hold a full UK driving licence
Please refer to the job description for further details
Once you join the family, you'll have online access to a range of voluntary and flexible benefits, including...
- Training and development
- Mears Advantage - Allowing you to save money on everything from weekly groceries, to your annual family holiday
- Mears Assist - A confidential hotline open to all colleagues, providing support on a wide range of personal and work-related issues.
- Long service and additional holiday leave - Colleagues who stay for a period of time at Mears are rewarded for their service.
- Share Save and you Earn scheme - Buy shares within the business for three years, at a reduced price. Share in our success!
- Seeing first-hand the impact you have on the lives of the people you support
Mears Group PLC and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunities Employers
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.