Warehouse Operative - Leeds
Rico Logistics is a UK subsidiary of the global logistics giant TVS with $10 billion annual revenues and employing more than 30,000 people worldwide. Rico Logistics is a market leader in their sector and provide courier services to some of the UK’s top businesses, in addition to serving the needs of locally based businesses. Operating out of over 45 Branches around the UK and Ireland and across Europe, our Head Office facility is based in Langley, Slough.
A vacancy has arisen at our Leeds branch for a Warehouse Operative to ensure that all warehouse functional and virtual processes are carried out to known guidelines in line with company procedures whilst maintaining and where possible, exceeding the customer’s/business quality and service expectations.
The role reports into the Service Centre Manager/Warehouse Supervisor.
• Supporting the logistics team in implementing all projects that will improve the business from a cost, quality and delivery perspective
• To ensure all inbound orders are received accurately against delivery advice and following process for discrepancies, whilst maintaining system integrity
• To ensure all orders are put away into correct bin areas in a timely and accurate manner ensuring that all manual recording is correct. All relevant system work is connected with this process is to be adhered to in line with know process
• To ensure that all outbound orders are processed accurately and in line with customer SLA’s and system integrity maintained
• To ensure that all stock checks are completed accurately and in line with communicated timelines
• Has a clear understanding of operational matrices and the impact of their actions.
• To report any potential or impending inbound or outbound failures that may impact on site KPI metrics to the Line Manager
• To ensure that all MHE is operated in accordance with Health and safety controls by authorised personnel who have a valid operator’s licence and reporting any defects to the Line Manager
• Is able to support the Operations Supervisors function by having the necessary knowledge of courier control mechanisms
• Sustains and Supports all standards and procedures by ensuring requested audits are carried out in a timely manner
• Supports the policing and application of all policies throughout the site and communicates non conformance to the relevant Manager
• Encouraging a safe working environment as defined in SOP’s, SHE improvement plans and general standards of housekeeping
• Ensure all reports are completed, communicated and filed in a timely and accurate manner
• All other projects as defined by the line management team
• Supports and maintains the workings of a shared user site by having an in depth functional and systemic knowledge across all accounts and all WMS
• Maintains the described level of personal appearance, wearing uniform at all times once provided and maintaining the professional image of Rico by adopting the correct behaviour characteristics during customer interface
• Maintaining levels of attendance in line with Company policy
Ideally, 3 years experience within a similar operational / FMCG role
Salary: £19,000 gross per Annum
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Working Hours: 45 hours per week, working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. Hours of work are between 09.00 to 19.00 per day.
Please apply online for this Warehouse Operative role with your CV and Covering Letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.
No Agencies Please