Chemistry / Chemical Engineering / Science / Business-Graduate
Job Title: Chemistry Graduate
Location: Runcorn, Cheshire
Job Type: 35 hours per week
The company is a multinational Chemical Distribution company that provides their customers with a world-class service and advice on the use of its products. Their Head Office in Runcorn is now looking for a Science or Engineering Graduate to fulfil a new role in their busy Team.
The role will be rotated across each of their business divisions giving the successful applicant maximum exposure to different areas of the business. You will gain exposure within the Compliance, Transport, Sales and Technical Support departments. At the end of your graduate programme we would hope that you will be fully equipped to progress throughout the business.
This is a very exciting opportunity to develop knowledge of the chemical industry with room for progression.
- Place purchase orders and manage intervening processes through to delivery.
- Become conversant with HMRC/EMCS systems, documentation, import duty/free trade and process requirements for European and non-European suppliers.
- Liaise closely with Senior Co-ordinators, Transport Dept and the depots with regard to any stock matters, particularly for unexpected and unplanned requirements.
- Update and manage the Booking-In Schedule for purchase orders due, in accordance with schedule guidelines.
- Stock Monitoring, including minimum order levels.
- Produce new product set-ups for bulk and packed goods.
- Implement and progress Supplier Non-Conformances where applicable.
- Attend Division Sales Meetings, and attend training as appropriate to widen personal knowledge in support of the business.
- Degree or strong knowledge/experience in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Business or related subject.
- Experience of working in supply chain/planning role desirable.
- Experience of working in a busy, fast-moving commercial office environment.
- Understanding suppliers and logistic requirements in the supply chain, desirable.
- Ability to deliver impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, essential.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an effective team player.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload, work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm with a "can-do" attitude.
- Professional, efficient, flexible, patient, punctual and pro-active.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Supply Chain Assistant, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Line Operative, Production Operative, Distribution Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Logistics Operative, Distribution Operative, Chemical Engineering Graduate, Graduate Chemist, Manufacturing Operative, Chemical Manufacturing, Chemical Production, Chemical Engineer, Production Operative, Chemical Production, Production Technician, Process Operator may also be considered for this role.