Assessor in Health & Social Care
Assessor in Health and Social Care
Our client is financially one of the strongest of its kind in the country with very high success rates, amongst the top 10% nationally.
In November 2016 our client merged with a local college. The group is currently home to a population of over 5,000 full-time students and around 620 students on higher education programmes. They have over 2,000 part-time or adult learners and 2,000 apprentices where they work with over 800 individual employers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join their Workforce Development team in delivering and assessing on their thriving portfolio as well as developing, maintaining and account managing relationships with their local employers.
As well as being a qualified Assessor with substantial work experience in your subject area, you will be experienced at using current assessment procedures and be able to assess up to Level 5 in the subjects identified.
You will be part of a pro-active, dynamic yet friendly team of assessors/trainers who seek to combine a speedy achievement for their employers with a quality product for their candidates.
You will need to have access to your own suitable transport to be able to visit clients across the Staffordshire region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Skills and Experience:
- Holds the appropriate assessor's qualifications A1 or Level 3 TAQA
- holds or is willing to work towards a recognised teaching qualification - PTLLS, CTLLS, DTLLS and/ or Internal Verification qualification - V1 or Level 4 TAQA
- Experience and/or holds a degree or other relevant qualification in appropriate subject
- Able to communicate effectively and have the ability to deal successfully with all levels of management, beneficiaries, tutors and employers.
What's in it for you?
The college offers and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training and Development Opportunities
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 following 5 years' service (plus bank holidays and Christmas closure period)
This college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All college based positions are subject to enhanced DBS check and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
As an equal opportunities employer, they welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
How to apply
To apply for this role on 'Apply' to complete an online application form.
The closing date for completed applications is Wednesday 30 th August 2017
Interviews to be held on Friday 8 th September 2017