Arrears Prevention Officer
Arrears Prevention Officer
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum depending on experience + Excellent benefits including flexi-time, Private Medical Insurance, Childcare Vouchers, membership of the Social Housing Pension Scheme and a range of employee well-being initiatives.
Housingrecruit.com is advertising for an Arrears Prevention Officer on behalf of our client, a leading social housing provider based in Walton-on-Thames.
They are transforming their customer experience and have just reshaped the Income Team. This role is an exciting opportunity to make a difference and to champion and deliver effective rent arrears prevention work. If you are looking for a rewarding new challenge, take satisfaction in helping people, want to work with a committed, passionate and supportive team who are determined to be the best they can – read on!
About the role
As Arrears Prevention Officer, you will be responsible for
- Championing arrears prevention work
- Providing tailored, balanced guidance as well as practical help to new customers at the start of their tenancy, to help them sustain their tenancy and a rent payment culture
- Supporting customers affected by the welfare reforms, providing 121 support, facilitating access to employment and digital support, filling in forms and making benefit and Universal Credit claims.
- Maintaining regular contact with customers and recognise their unique circumstances
- Working closely with the welfare benefits advisors, the Income, Tenancy Solutions and Neighbourhoods Teams to identify customers who are likely to be affected by government welfare reforms, focusing on sustaining tenancies, maximising income and bringing down rent arrears
- Monitoring the outcomes and impacts of all financial-inclusion activity to report and follow up on any issues or concerns raised by our customers
Our client is looking for someone who shares their passion and values - someone who is as committed to helping and supporting customers as they are. You will
- Have first-rate customer-service skills, a positive outlook and the knack of engaging with people, possibly during difficult times.
- Enjoy meeting new people every day and working as part of a team
- Be self-motivated, think on your feet and offer an innovative approach
- Be personable and able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate competent IT and administration skills
- Be able to work flexibly when needed
Applicants must have a full driving licence and daily access to a car for work use. There will be a car allowance paid on a pro-rata basis.
This role is subject to a disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date: 20th August 2017
How to apply:
Please click the apply button to go to the recruiter’s website where you will be required to complete the application process.