Experienced Warehouse Operative
Goods In department
Salary dependent on experience
Hours Monday to Friday, 10:00 - 19:00
Shawston is one of the UK’s largest privately-owned distributors of steel tubes, fittings, valves & pipe supports with close to 50 years’ experience operating within these market places.
Our reputation for outstanding customer service has allowed us to benefit from substantial growth over the last 10-years.
All profits have been re-invested in the business to facilitate branch openings, increased stock, staff and delivery vehicles. With just 13 staff 10 years ago, we now have over 100 employees and 5 branches nationwide.
Shawston have been an employee owned business since December 2015, and each of us has a key part to play in the development and profitability of the company.
Experienced warehouse operative (minimum 2 years’ experience) required within our busy Goods In department at our High Wycombe branch, working Monday to Friday, 10:00 - 19:00.
- Physically fit (the goods can be heavy and awkward)
- Attention to detail
- Literate and numerate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems (SAGE an advantage but not a 'must')
- FLT licence (pivot steer truck an advantage, but not a 'must')
- Flexible approach to working day - cover within other departments (picking / packing, trade counter) will be occasionally required
- Computer literate
Training will be given, including refresher training on expired licences
23 days holiday p/a, rising to 25 days p/a after 2 years
All uniform and PPE supplied