Collections Manager / Large Debt Collections Manager
Job Title: Collections Manager
The company is the UK's leading independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses. As a privately-owned business, they understand the challenges and demands of running and growing a business.
Purpose of the Role:
- To manage the in house collections and recoveries team ensuring all policies and procedures are followed whilst maximising recoveries.
- To ensure that default costs and bad debt write offs are kept to a reasonable level by liaising with our hirers by agreeing and collecting sustainable repayment plans or explain next course of action.
- To ensure the department is run efficiently and that all team members are managed on a daily basis.
- To liaise with the Operations Manager and/or Managing Director ensuring all problem cases are briefed and suitable plans are in place to minimise company losses.
- To manage, and be responsible for, his/her own case-load of files on a daily basis, contacting customers by telephone, email and letter.
- To provide recommendations following visits as to whether or not repossession or further actions are required.
- Be a strong team player who proactively provides support across teams.
- To ensure the profitability of Bibby through efficient and effective credit control of a portfolio of debtors.
- To establish and maintain a professional and efficient relationship with their allocated portfolio of debtors.
- To provide excellent standards of customer service.
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and procedures are adhered to and complied with, including Data Protection, Consumer Credit Act and the Financial Conduct Authority.
- To ensure that security is maintained at all times within the systems operated by the company.
- To ensure that the application of the strict Provisioning policy in all cases across a portfolio of debtors through efficient and effective Credit Control.
- To manage the Collections Team.
- To ensure all policies, procedures and compliance matters are followed.
- Communication skills - maintains high level professional conduct with internal and external customers via face to face, the phone, email and in written communication.
- Relationship building - establishes rapport, establishes and maintains a professional and 'expert' relationship with debtors through efficient credit control.
- Excellent customer service.
- Management of credit control of debtor portfolio whilst providing a high level of customer service and protecting Bibby's interests at all times.
- Listening and interpreting information.
- Good listening skills, understanding how and when to action information.
- Attention to detail.
- Team development and management experience.
Are you ready for your next ambitious challenge?
If so, we look forward to hearing from you!
To be considered to this role, candidates will need to complete the company's application portal. Candidates who don't do this will NOT be considered for the role. To do so, please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Financial Services, Debt Recovery, Negotiations Officer, Negotiations Advisor, Finance Officer, Collections Officer, Collections Advisor, Financial Advisor, Customer Advisor, Negotiations, Collections, Debt Collections, Recovery Advisor, Collections Negotiator, Collections Agent may also be considered for this role.