Project Co-ordinator/Plan Inspector
We provide administrative services to Exhibition Organisers. We assist them to meet their legal requirements by collating building plans and safety paperwork from companies exhibiting at events throughout the UK and overseas and communicate relevant regulations. We liaise with Venues, Organisers, Suppliers and Exhibitors.
We are a small organisation and so the role of Technical Project Co-ordinator is key to ensure the smooth management and implementation of contracted shows and support the Managing Director and team as required. The business can fluctuate between extremely busy periods and quiet periods, and so adaptability is key.
- Assist collate exhibitor paperwork e.g. space plans, H&S paperwork and exhibitor response forms, achieving high statistics.
- Accurately review space plans and drawing correspondence by performing inspections in a timely manner and ensure files can be completed. Produce accurate drawing inspection correspondence and ensure procedures, rules, regulations governing the industry are communicated.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and supporting teams and keep the team informed about project status and any issues which may impact on client relations.
- Actively liaise with customers, exhibitors and suppliers, including complaints, through the competent use of telephone, email and any other forms of verbal or written communication that the Company may choose to use e.g. social media.
- Assist with the co-ordination of the show schedule, activities, monitor quality control and maintain show financials.
- Liaise with the ESS team and clients to identify and define project requirements. Attend meetings as required and ensure client’s needs are met.
- Set up contracted shows (databases, correspondence etc.), manage and supervise task lists to ensure contractual obligations are met and projects are completed in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude and for developing this attitude in others.
- Produce accurate correspondence, show reports, presentations, spreadsheets, notes from meetings and keep all Company database and Company systems information up to date and accurate as required.
- Assist maintain all company records, including data entry, customer folders, office supplies such as stationery and ensure photocopy supplies and other office consumables are adequately available.
- Manage queries, make detailed and accurate notes and be able to prioritise a changing to do list.
- Book couriers, travel, accommodation and service repairs, attend meetings and take notes as required.
- General administration duties and office support as required including refreshments and general office tidiness.
- Establish effective, professional, positive working relationships with colleagues & clients.
- Be responsible for personal health & safety at work and assuring a safe working environment.
- Comply with information and guidance in the Employee Handbook and other Company policies.
- Participate in training, staff appraisals and make management aware of professional development needs.
- Set a good example through presentation, personal appearance and conduct.
- *Occasional travel through the year to meetings and/or working onsite at shows in the UK (London & Birmingham);
- *Maybe required to work outside of normal working hours.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to interpret construction and engineering drawings both professional and hand drawn, using standard measurement devices or logical interpretations.
- Strong knowledge of policies, procedures and standards pertaining to regulations.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication skills.
- At least 5 GCSE’s grade A–C, preferably including English and Math’s.
- Preferably additional advanced learning and qualifications, NVQ’s, A-Levels etc.
- Requires working knowledge using a computer and literate in all Microsoft Software packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and has ability to learn computer applications in a timely manner.
Personal Qualities & Key Behaviours
- Must be able to work as part of a team or on own initiative, with little direct supervision as necessary.
- Have solid organisational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking abilities.
- Trustworthy, reliable, tenacious and adaptable. Articulate, organised, friendly, helpful and have a polite phone manner.
- Able to work to standardised work routines and create improvements to help others and the business.
- Able to pay strict attention to detail and maintain accuracy at all times.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and keep a ‘cool head’ when under pressure and help team members as needed.