Bar Manager / Drinks Manager / Bar Team Leader - Hotel & Spa
Job Title: Bar Manager
Location: Wadebridge, Cornwall
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 dependent on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent
You will be responsible for the management of all aspects and functions of the main bar, in accordance with hotel standards. You will direct, implement, and maintain bar service within the Hotel, and ensure that customers are served promptly & courteously.
Additionally, you will oversee hygiene & safety regulations and motivate & lead the departments to work as part of the wider hotel team in order to promote a positive image of the Hotel at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Inspect all aspects of the outlet environment ensuring compliance with standards of cleanliness and order and direct respective personnel to rectify deficiencies immediately.
- Inspect quality and amounts of garnishes, ensuring agreement to departmental standards.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Ensure that transfer slips and spill sheets are filled out and distributed in accordance with departmental standards.
- Ensure that each liquor bottle ordered is backed up by an exchange of an empty bottle of same liquor.
- Monitor Happy Hour set-up and service, ensuring agreement to Hotel standards.
- Responsibility for the creation of cocktail menus and Update menu changes on the Point of sale (POS) terminal.
- Development and implementation of new international trends to set exceedingly expected standards within the industry
- Implement and ensure the Company Health, Hygiene & Safety Policy is met at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organisation of assigned work areas.
- Coordinate music tapes and entertainment, ensuring correct volume and appropriateness to clientele.
- Establish par levels for supplies, liquor, beer, wine and equipment. Complete requisitions to replenish shortages or additional items needed for the anticipated business.
- Responsibility for all beverage purchases, inventories and stock levels within the operation.
- Regularly check storage areas for proper supplies, organisation and cleanliness.
- Review sales and beverage costs for previous day; resolve discrepancies with Accounting. Track actual against budget.
- Conduct pre-shift meeting with staff and review all information pertinent to the day's business.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Inspect, plan and ensure that all materials and equipment are in complete readiness for service; rectify deficiencies with respective personnel.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with staffing guidelines and labour forecasts. Adjust schedules throughout the week to meet the business demands.
- Ensure that staff report to work as scheduled. Document any late or absent employees.
- Creating and making delicious cocktails.
Must be able to communicate in English (writing and speaking) and other languages are advantages. Broad understanding of tight stock management procedures and target orientated individual with the ability to work to set deadlines. Great attention to detail, talent in guest relations management and is motivated to go the extra mile.
Graduates bachelor degree and/or diploma in hotel or other related field. Computer Knowledge and experience in MS office, Point of Sales, Inventory and store programs.
Previous experience in similar Job role or three to five years management experience in large up-scale hotel / restaurant. Experience in Hotel management software and Point of sale software. You will also need experience in both creating and making cocktails,
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application portal.
Candidates with experience of; Catering Assistant, Bar Assistant, Club Waiting Person, Club Bar Person, Club Bartender, Drinks Assistant, Bar, Cocktail Waiter, Bar Waiter, Bar Manager, Bar Staff, Experienced Bar Staff, Hospitality Manager, Hospitality, Catering Staff, Catering, Bar & Waiting Staff, Catering Manager, Hotel Bar Manager, Restaurant Manager, Food and Bar Assistant, Drinks Manager, Hotel Bartender, Hotel, Waiting Staff will also be considered for this role.