Finance Clerk / Finance Administrator / Accounts Assistant
Job Title: Finance Clerk (Part-Time)
Salary: Competitive basic salary (up to £18,000 pro rata DOE, by way of example, based on 4 hours per day, £9,700).
Working Hours: 4 hours per day Monday-Friday (timing is flexible)
Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Our client is a highly regarded firm of claimant personal injury lawyers. They are looking for a talented and dynamic part time Finance Clerk to join the Finance Department. Working closely with the Finance Manager and Legal Cashier, you will be an important team member. The ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable working in a busy environment where numeracy and the meeting of deadlines is required. Additionally applicants must be confident with IT and be familiar with Microsoft packages such as Excel, Word and Outlook. The candidate must be able to work self-sufficiently on an independent basis although you will be based within a small and friendly team.
You will be providing support for the members of the Finance Department. Your duties will be both financial and administrative. You will be working on your own initiative as well as acting as part of a wider team: Posting accounts transactions, making payments, performing accounting balance checks, investigating queries, ensuring filing is kept up to date on a daily basis, distributing reports as required and any other ad-hoc duties.
- Clearing of anticipated receipts
- Investigation of unidentified receipts
- Disbursement write-offs
- Posting of bank fees
- Review of unpresented cheques
- Control of petty cash
- Pursuit of credit card and other receipts
- Accounting for vending machine receipts
- Updating management with bank account information
- Processing of online bank transfers
- Preparation of BACS and cheque payments
- Collection of documents from Finance Department trays
- Ad hoc financial and management reporting as required
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing for the Department generally
- Other duties as may be required by the firm
- GCSE Maths and English Grade C or above (or international equivalent)
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills
- Comfortable working in a professional office
- Likes being in a busy environment
- Competent when handling financial transactions
- Experience of entering information into computer systems
- Confidence and ability to communicate at senior levels and to liaise with all parties, both internal and external
- Strong sense of responsibility
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing and able attitude
- Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts Professional or similar accounting package
- Knowledge of case management or document flow systems
- Understanding of double entry bookkeeping
- Full clean driving licence
- 20 days holiday per annum, plus bank holidays, rising by one day each year to a maximum of 23 days. In addition, the office is closed between Christmas and New Year, and you do not need to use your holiday entitlement for this period.
- Private medical healthcare after 2 years of employment.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Invoice Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Credit Control, Cashflow Controller, Finance Assistant, Finance Coordinator, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager will be considered for this role.