CNC Operator Machinist
Established in 1969, AP Diving in Helston are one of the World's leading manufacturers of diving equipment for sport, commercial and military use.
For over 40 years AP Diving have been innovating, designing and pushing the boundaries above and below the water. Manufacturing over 95% of our products in house we strive for the highest quality.
CNC Operator Machinist:
We currently seek a Cooperative and disciplined person to work in our busy factory. You must have good knowledge on CNC milling and lathe machines.
We require the following knowledge, skills and responsibilities:
- Program (G Code), Set-up & Run various machine tools on Citizen sliding head mac
- Matsuura mills
- To liaise with appropriate R&D staff regarding new tooling at concept stage and throughout the development process as deemed necessary
- Ensure all components produced meet required specifications and be able to work within very close tolerances
- Must be able to select suitable tools and cutters as well as feeds and speeds for varying materials.
- Have a good work ethic and the flexibility to work overtime in busy periods.
- Must be able to work in a challenging environment to meet deadlines, and stand for long period of time.
- Must be able to contribute to developing techniques to improve output, quality, cost and delivery.
- Must be able to read & understand engineering drawings and handle measuring instruments.
- Must be able to communicate and have interpersonal skill with attention to detail.
- Ideally have good computer knowledge and experience of using CAD CAM software (ideally ProEngineer/Creo mould design and NC milling modules)
Pay is subject to experience
Full time working hours are 8.00-4.30 with a 30min lunch at 12.30.
All applicants to apply by email to Jo Miners by clicking apply by 18/08/17