Riverside House, London, SE1
Ofcom is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries. We regulate the TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and postal sectors, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
By taking lead responsibility for information management, the Project Administrator has an essential role in delivering successful projects. Ofcom’s Competition Group regularly conducts market reviews of telecoms and broadband in the UK, as well as other significant projects in the broadcasting and post sectors. These reviews and projects require us to gather and manage a significant amount of information from stakeholders. To ensure that our decisions are properly evidenced, it is essential that we capture and record all the information supplied to us in a methodical, accurate and easily searchable/retrievable manner, while respecting confidentiality. In addition to assisting our decision-making process, these records also form the basis of our defence in the event that our decisions are appealed. The Project Administrator has a key role in information management for these reviews and projects. The role also involves providing administrative support to large, multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ensure all project information is appropriately organised, stored and referenced. This includes saving correspondence, submissions and other supporting documentation in SharePoint so that they can be easily accessed throughout the life of the projects, as well as located in the event that our decisions are appealed
- Act as SharePoint ‘Super-User’ for project sites, ensuring new team members have access rights and all team members are aware of and follow the site processes
- Maintain logs of all external stakeholder interactions (including emails, meeting notes, telephone and conference calls and responses to formal information requests) and manage project email inboxes
- Adhere to and champion Ofcom information security policies and processes
- Work with project team colleagues to co-ordinate and issue formal information requests, monitor stakeholder submissions and chase late or incomplete responses
- Book and arrange internal and external meetings
- Draft meeting minutes for internal and external meetings
- Help co-ordinate the production of large documents for external publication to meet tight deadlines, including liaising with the publications team
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks as required
- Experience of information management and project administration
- Excellent organisation / prioritisation skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Good attention to detail and ability to produce high quality outputs
- Confident and flexible approach to work on a number of different projects, each with large teams, at the same time
To apply for the role of Project Administrator, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Project Administrator, Project, Administrator, Administration, Support, Co-ordinator, Information management, Project Co-ordinator, Project Support, Project Assistant, Information Management Co-ordinator, Information Management Assistant, Information Management Administrator.