Paid Volunteer, Befriender & Companion (Female)
Would you like to make a difference to an older adult in your local area by becoming a Paid Volunteer Befriender or Companion? Are you interested in part-time hours in Luton, Dunstable, Flitwick & Caddington areas of Bedfordshire, and are you a car driver?
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning care provider, specialising in companionship led support to private clients within their own homes. You will be supporting older people who are very much still active, but who would love a friend to boost their confidence and help them remain independent. You will be helping them achieve this by:
- Offering support to help them with their morning or bedtime routine
- Taking them out shopping or attending local groups
- Attending doctors or hospital appointments
- Preparing nutritious and hearty meals
- Simply just being a friend and someone for company
Being a Paid Volunteer Befriender & Companion, isn’t just a job, you will be gaining a friend too!
What are the potential hours?
Part-time hours are available, approximately 10-30 hours per week. Unfortunately, full-time hours or school hours are not offered due to the nature of the work. If you are available some early mornings, lunchtimes, afternoons, evenings or a couple of hours on a weekend, then this position is ideal for you.
What are the benefits?
- Making a difference to someone’s everyday life is the biggest benefit and motivator for doing this job
- Excellent hourly rate of £8.00 - £16.00 per hour
- Continuous training and support, with ongoing progression
What skills do you need to be a Paid Volunteer Befriender & Companion?
- Firstly, you will want to make a difference to someone’s life and have a big heart!
- You can be any age group and from any background, there is no upper limit.
- The ability to be able to strike a relationship and rapport with the person you are paired with is so important.
- You will also have a UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle.
You probably have lots of questions, that is fine once you apply we will give you a call and answer any questions you may have and tell you a lot more.
Please note: This is not a Volunteer job; however, we are trying to attract individuals who are looking to make a difference in a part time role.
The clients who we care for have the right to specify the gender of the person providing them Care and Support and under the Equality Act 2010 (Schedule 9, Part 1: general occupational requirements) we only require Female carers at the present time.