Job title: Application Engineer
Location: Peterlee, County Durham, SR8
Salary: up to £25,000 dependent on experience
Hours: Full time, Permanent
Established over 30 years ago, the company, based in Co. Durham, England is a market leader in the field of electrical test instrumentation.
They provide total test solutions to enable companies and organisations to comply with the demands of all types of legislation and covering a wide range of international standards for the manufacturing, medical, 17th edition and safety testing industries.
The company is currently looking to recruit an Application Engineer to join their team.
- Carry out Product Improvement analysis and prioritise improvements.
- Produce sales and support materials including videos, FAQs, application notes, guidance booklets and presentations as required.
- Contribute to development of product packaging.
- Provide support to engineering and project teams on finding resolution to product improvement requests.
- Achieve excellent customer satisfaction with appropriate, timely resolutions and working across departments where necessary.
- Ensure all published data on the current product portfolio(s) is accurate.
- Provide Tier 2 product support and enhance "The Customer Experience".
- Understand the support issues by identifying / reproducing the problem, and recommending solutions.
- Liaise with the relevant engineering team to provide resolution of the critical issues affecting the product portfolio(s).
- Support the marketing department with detailed product and sector information.
- Review and advise on product feedback obtained from multiple sources including technical support databases and product improvement databases.
- Provide online and face to face product training to internal and external customers including distributors, as required.
- A HND, Degree or above in Industrial Product Design, Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Understanding and identifying USP's and product lifecycle stages.
- Experience in providing first and second line product support is desirable but not essential.
- Must adopt a customer centric approach.
- Demonstrates an attention for detail.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner across different levels of a business and to a global customer base.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Excellent data interpretation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A background in the test and measurement device sector will be considered an advantage but is not a necessity.
- Very good IT skills which include MS Office.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Electronics Engineer, Automotive Electronics Engineer, Application Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, Application Support, Installation Support, Trouble Shooting, CAD, Electronics Product Development, Automotive OEM, Applications Engineer, Product Variant Engineer, Applications Support and Product Variant Engineer, Automotive Electrics, Automotive Electronics, Computer Applications, Automotive Technical Support will also be considered for this role.