East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Apprentice to provide support to our finance department based in Milton. You will spend one day per week studying for the Academy of Accounting Technicians (ATT) Level 2, and four days per week playing a key role in contributing to the smooth running of the Hospices financial service.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) is a charity that supports families and cares for children and young people with life threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk
Reporting to the Accountant, the ideal Finance Apprentice will be supported in learning to process financial transactions for EACH and its group companies. This will include:
- Purchase orders, invoices and staff expenses.
- With experience, you will oversee the purchase ledger and reconcile supplier and bank statements to our accounting software (Microsoft Nav).
- You will also assist the Accountant in the preparation of the month end journals and provide other administrative support as required.
The successful candidate will be:
- An enthusiastic, self-motivated team player with a flexible approach to work.
- You will be highly numerate with excellent written and oral communication skills and should be confident working with IT systems, including experience using Microsoft Office.
You will undertake study for the Academy of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 2 at Cambridge Regional College for a period of 15 months. There will be the opportunity for further study on successful completion of the qualification and satisfactory performance in the role.
Your working hours will be 30 hours per week in the office, one day per week studying at Cambridge Regional College.
In return for this you will receive £11,000 per annum.
Generous annual leave and pension package (including the option to continue with an NHS pension if already contributing), free parking, a childcare voucher scheme and a cycle to work scheme.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check prior to appointment
recruitx ref: 961231546 / INDHP