Fitzwilliam College is a dynamic, international community committed to developing the talents of all its students, the support of young academics and the training and professional development of its staff. It is one of the 31 colleges of the University and is a large community with around 475 undergraduates, 275 graduate students, 56 Fellows and more than 100 staff.
The College is first and foremost an educational establishment. It recruits and teaches undergraduate and post-graduate students from all over the world, holds open days for schools and prospective applicants and arranges subject conferences for teachers. It also keeps in touch with an alumni base of over 8000, arranging events and reunions, and runs a thriving conference and catering business with an annual turnover of approximately £1.3m, hosting over 150 conferences a year, many of which are residential; academic related functions are a regular feature of College life during Term.
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 per annum
Hours: Full-time (36.5 hours per week*)
Contract type: Permanent
Summary of the role
The Admissions Assistant will work with the Admissions Tutors, Admissions Officer and Graduate Officer to assist the fair and rigorous Undergraduate and Graduate admissions processes within the college. They will oversee the administration of Widening Participation and general recruitment initiatives, and provide continuity and planning for Admissions. They will work on the website and social media to produce recruitment campaigns and maximise Fitzwilliam’s visibility to our target (Undergraduate and Graduate) groups. Reporting to the Admissions Tutors and the Head of Tutorial, the post will be based in the Tutorial office.
- Assist the Undergraduate Admissions Officer (30% of post)
• Assist in the Admission Round (Oct to Jan)
• Assist with Admissions administration throughout the rest of the year (eg feedback letters, exam results, Summer pool admin)
• Provide general administrative assistance to the Admissions Officer when required
- Assist the Graduate Officer (20% of post)
• Assist in the Admission Round
• Assist in the organising of University-wide Open Day
• Lead on the MST admissions and organise their visits throughout the year
- Assist the Admissions Tutors in Organising Recruitment Events (25% of post)
• Plan, organise and administrate Widening Participation initiatives (large and small scale)
• Plan, organise and administrate recruitments strategies and school visits
• Organise College and University Open Days and study days
• Be the main contact person for Admission events in college and also support and coordinate events with/for the Schools Liaison Officer
- Provide Admissions with a clear and engaging online profile (25% of post)
• Produce engaging and up to date website pages for admissions
• Oversee and coordinate subject pages on the website and prospectus materials
• Manage and build our social media profile on a variety of platforms
• Maintain and revise our recruitment publications
• Create recruitment and PR campaigns.
Although specific experience may be an advantage, it will not be essential as we will provide the necessary training, in particular in relation to our database software, CamSIS.
We would expect the successful applicant to have the following skills:
• Be IT literate to a high standard (ideally including experience of Microsoft Excel and Word).
• Possess excellent administrative skills with a strong ability to prioritise
• Fluent in the use of Social Media tools
• Have effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Be prepared to learn and be flexible in approach.
• Be a good team member and contribute towards the overall objectives of the department
• Be capable of liaising effectively between different departments within the College
*This is a full-time position working 36.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. However, the ability and willingness to adopt a flexible approach to working hours is expected and the post-holder will be required to work outside the normal working week or additional hours on occasion.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check.
Closing Date: Monday 28th August 2017
Interviews are expected to take place week commencing 11th September 2017
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the 'Apply Now' button to be directed to our website where you can download the further particulars and application form.
Previous applicants need not apply.
No agencies please.