Butcher - Experienced or Trainee
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an additional Butcher based in Harrogate to join our award-winning butchery in Fodder.
Fodder is the home of tasty, local, food based on the Great Yorkshire Showground in Harrogate.
Fodder sells the very best food and drink from Yorkshire; with a fully stocked butchery counter, a deli counter laden with fresh pies, pasties and amazing cheese. Fruit and veg straight from the farms and lots of lovely jams and chutneys alongside freshly baked local bread and mouth-watering cakes. Fodder also has a delicious cafe which serves everything from a full Yorkshire Breakfast through to cream teas and an extensive lunch menu.
As a Butcher, your duties will be to:
- Help run a successful Butchery Department including:- setting up the counter, helping and serving customers, preparing and packing meat, stock rotation and cleaning.
- Help prepare all meat and meat products for cooking in the Café and selling in the shop.
- Work sensibly to ensure economical, quality and timely food preparation.
- Observes methods of preparation and storage to ensure meat is prepared in a prescribed manner.
- Promotes lines to customers to limit waste and utilise seasonal products.
- Ensure that we maintain high standards on all areas of the business and meet all legislative requirements including environmental health and food preparation.
- Be fit and healthy – this is a physically demanding role.
- Assist with the daily cleaning and planned maintenance of all Butchery premises and equipment.
- Any other appropriate duties which may be added from time to time.
- A passion both for good food and for showcasing food from the Yorkshire and Humber region.
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to effectively present meat and respond to questions from customers including advising them on cooking methods.
- Good oral communication.
- Ability to interpret and use financial information.
- Ability to prioritise, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to work safely within a busy environment.
You will be working 5 out of the 7 operational days with additional hours required occasionally. Weekend working is an essential feature of the role.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary dependent on experience plus 6% employer contribution to pension scheme, 34 days holiday (incl Bank Holidays), subsidised private healthcare scheme, Life assurance of x 4 annual salary.
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV and covering letter online.
recruitx ref: 961231033 / INDHP