Permanent – Part Time – 28 hours per week
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Payroll Assistant to join our busy Finance team.
Our Payroll team processes all aspects of payroll, including data processing, administration of our payroll, time and attendance systems for 800 permanent & seasonal employees.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced payroll department
- Have an understanding of relevant legislation, including HMRC
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages
- Have previous experience working with Sage Payroll & Kronos Time and Attendance systems or similar
- Have an organised approach to their work
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be able to work without close supervision
- Have a “can do attitude”, show pride in your work, demonstrate excellent customer service skills and have the drive and commitment to work within a team
Salary is £12,156.96 per annum working 28 hours per week, working Monday – Friday. The exact working pattern is flexible and will be discussed at interview. There may also be the requirement to work extra hours during busy periods and to cover for holiday leave.
In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Payroll Assistant role.
Closing date for applications is 16th August 2017.
Interviews will take place week commencing 21st August 2017.
This Payroll Assistant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.