Fixed Asset Assistant
Are you experienced in asset and financial management and are looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy.
This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and are one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. We use smart people and smart technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
Due to continuing business success and growth we now have a fantastic opportunity available for a Fixed Asset Assistant to join our team in Taunton working 37.5 hours a week
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract position
Fixed Asset Assistant key responsibilities:
The Fixed Asset Assistant will be responsible for managing the Company’s Property Plant and Equipment (PPE) registers, ensuring the company’s financial data relating to these items are accurate and support the disclosures in the company’s financial statements. Duties Include:
- Processing asset control forms (ACF’s).
- Posting of journals including capitalised forex.
- Process capital invoices in a timely manner and match with the capex approval.
- Preparation of control account reconciliations.
- Preparation of asset audits and WIP schedules for agreement by site managers.
- Processing engineers and development teams timesheets.
- Recording of capital accruals.
- Preparation of month end schedules including capital funding (grants), leasing, capital commitments, bonds, non-depreciating assets.
The ideal Fixed Asset Assistant:
- Fixed asset accounting experience
- Managing Internal Customers and developing strong working relationships
- Strong system experience; Including intermediate to advance Excel skills
- Formal accounting qualification
- Experience of large scale system and process business change.
In return for your hard work as our Fixed Asset Assistant you can expect to receive a salary of £29,000 - £31,000 per annum. You will receive excellent benefits and plenty of opportunity for personal development. You will be working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Fixed Asset Assistant then we want to hear from you, please click APPLY!
Closing Date: 14th August 2017
The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.