We are currently recruiting for an Intensive Support Worker to join our expanding team based in Preston. You will receive a salary of £21,400 - £23,000 per annum depending on experience plus benefits including a pension scheme and excellent training opportunities leading to promotional opportunities within the company.
Exceptional Care is a children’s home provider based in the Northwest of England. We work with children aged 8 to up to 17 years with emotional and behavioural difficulties. We believe that children spending time at our company should find it an enjoyable experience, where children can form positive attachments, giving them a sense of inner security, worth and adding to their emotional and physical wellbeing. The aim of our team is to understand and meet the needs of the individual children in their care.
As the Intensive Support Worker you will join our dedicated team on our mobile provision. The provision offers an activity programme placement for young people that will run for no than 28 days; the programme encourages activities with the aim of offering once in a life time opportunity with the hope to break cycles of behaviour and enable intensive work to be completed. From cave walks, to waterfalls, surfing, to sailing, you name it, they do it!
Amazing Opportunities...You will be living and working with the young people that be on reside on board our canal boat mooring within Preston. No two days are the same...
The Intensive Support Worker duties and key responsibilities:
- Providing individualised day to day support with the young people,
- Promoting personal care,
- Working in line with care plans, and ensuring the care, education and welfare of the young people at all times.
- You will also be supporting our young People with building social skills, independent living and self-regulation / management of behaviours.
Our ideal Intensive Support Worker will have the below skills and experience:
- Have a positive attitude towards working with young people, love outdoor and activity working,
- Have a flexible approach to your work (as you could be working several days at a time),
- Have an understanding of the needs of young people,
- Ability to deal with challenging situations with compassion and an understanding of the behaviours being displayed.
- It is essential that you are able to work well as part of a team and on an individual basis
- Due to regulations requiring workers to be older than the children they are working with, you will need to be aged 21 years or over.
- Must have driving experience
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Intensive Support Worker then please click ‘Apply’ today!