Mantra Learning has an opportunity available for a Cafe Assistant to join our friendly team. This role will be based in Middleton. You will join us on a part time, permanent basis and will be working 25 hours per week. You will receive a competitive salary of National Minimum Wage
About the Cafe Assistant role
In this role you assist in the preparation of food and serving customers. Ensuring consistent high standards of customer service including washing / cleaning of Café environment. You will be expected to contribute to continuous improvement within the department.
What are the responsibilities of the Cafe Assistant?
- Ensure compliance with health and safety, food hygiene and COSSH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations at all times.
- Provide excellent customer service to staff, visitors and learners.
- Help prepare snacks and sandwiches as directed by Café Supervisor.
- Keep kitchen area and equipment clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep drinks and café areas clean and tidy at all times.
- Replenish stocks of tea, coffee, sugar and milk in drinks area.
- Replenish vending machine with drinks and snacks.
- Cash handling.
- Receive feedback and make improvements as required
Our ideal Cafe Assistant will have the following skills & experience:
- Must have a Food and Hygiene certificate.
- Must be familiar with kitchen equipment.
- Organisational ability, able to stock control and replenish stocks of food items.
- High level knowledge of personal and commercial hygiene controls
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with others at all levels in order to provide an excellent service to all customers.
- Professional attitude and able to work under pressure. Able to work on own initiative and be self-motivated, as well as being a team player.
- Flexible approach with the ability to respond to changing priorities.
- Time management and reliability.
If you would like to join the team as our new Cafe Assistant then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Mantra Learning Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from women and men, regardless of race, religious belief, disability, gender, sexual orientation or age.