Credit Control Assistant / Insurance Broker / Bookkeeper
Job Title: Credit Control Assistant
Salary: Competitive including training package
Location: Camberley, Surrey, GU16
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 40 hour per week
Start date: ASAP
The Company is one of the UK's leading Accident Repair Solution providers servicing both the Insurer and Fleet sectors from six locations within the Home Counties.
About the role:
The Credit Control Assistant will be part of a small finance team within a Young Dynamic company. The role will involve a series of regular finance tasks and responsibilities which will need to be completed on a monthly, weekly & daily basis. General duties include monitoring sales ledger transactions, reconciliations, production of client statements and collection of unpaid invoices.
The ideal candidate will be given opportunities to develop and further their career within the business, which will include a training package and competitive salary.
The key role responsibilities:
- Prepare and circulate client statements on a monthly (or weekly) basis
- Raising and processing through the accounts team credit notes as authorised by accountant
- Resolve S/Ledger queries by closely liaising with clients and bodyshop locations
- Respond to customer queries via phone/email etc.
- Check invoices and prepare invoice packs before despatch to clients via mail / mail etc.
- Maintain invoice return log and report on corrective action required to improve invoicing procedures
- Maintain credit control contact databases
- Credit Checking of future & potential new clients
- Assist in the collection of debt of existing creditors
- Daily postal duties- distribute branch post, frank & post branch mail
- Scanning and archiving of documents
- Overall responsibility of Owner to Pay A/C
- Assist as required in general office admin i.e. answering phones, health and safety and daily computer back-ups
Skills/Experience & Qualification
- 2 years book keeping / credit control experience
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer keyboard skills
- Previous automotive/Insurance Broker experience (preferred)
- Demonstrates Tenacity
- Team-working skills
- Positive and encouraging
- Pays close attention to detail
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Sales Ledger Clerk, Sales Ledger Assistant, Sales Ledger Controller, Buying Administrator, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Clerk, SAGE50, SAGE200, Accounts Receivable Assistant will also be considered for the role.