Live News Reporter
Live News Reporter - Grimsby Telegraph
£Competitive plus company benefits
The Grimsby Telegraph is looking for an enthusiastic reporter brimming with ideas to join our busy newsroom. The Telegraph has a daily print edition and a rapidly growing digital platform in a terrific news patch. This job will suit an enthusiastic new graduate or a trainee looking to progress their career.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the future of the Telegraph's digital operation while supporting our print platform and be tasked with providing our audience with interesting content presented through a combination of writing, pictures, video and interactive elements.
Our Business: Trinity Mirror plc
The role will be based in our Grimsby newsroom (Grimsby Telegraph) which is part of the Trinity Mirror plc group. The North East Lincolnshire area includes the busy industrial port towns of Grimsby and Immingham, the lively seaside resort of Cleethorpes and the surrounding rural villages in the Lincolnshire Wolds.
Trinity Mirror plc, has an award winning portfolio of newspapers, websites and digital products and is one of the UK's largest multimedia companies employing more than six thousand people across more than sixty locations around the country.
To qualify for an interview, candidates must demonstrate energy, drive and a passion for journalism which are essential for the role. The successful candidate will have a journalism qualification, ideally to NCTJ standard, in addition to recognised training in media law. Candidates with shorthand will be at an advantage in order to be successful in this role. A full driving licence is preferred.
What you'll be doing
- Sourcing original content, stories and features for the Grimsby Telegraph for digital and print
- Writing directly to the web as required to a high standard taking a 'right first-time' approach to all content and have a pedantic attitude to accuracy.
- Identifying breaking news by the correct use of social media as well as contacts, to know how to quickly establish further factual information, pictures, and video to enhance coverage.
- Submitting daily ideas to the Content Editor for stories that will engage our audience and stimulate debate and interaction.
- Assisting in building communities and brand visibility.
- Generating and publishing SEO-focused content to drive search traffic.
- Sourcing or shooting relevant video content and still images for publication on the web and social sites.
- Taking a leading role in creating exclusive content and developing relationships with key figures.
- Using digital storytelling tools including live blogs, interactive features, galleries and videos to create the richest possible online experience for readers.
What you need to know
Trinity Mirror plc has a strong benefits package which includes, for this role, a competitive salary and pension, along with an extensive and flexible benefits portfolio (to be discussed at interview).
Trinity Mirror plc is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.