A bit about us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2001 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers are now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy.
We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More about the Facilities Co-ordinator role
As our facilities co-ordinator you would be responsible for ensuring that our Man Distribution Centre / Head office and depot network are kept to a high standard and provide a safe, functional and happy place for our people.
Act as a key point of contact for issues and queries and ensure that they are passed to the relevant on-site maintenance or contracted maintenance providers.
Due to the nature of our business, as part of the facilities team you will need to be flexible and available for on call duties, also there is a multi-site requirement therefore a full driving license is required.
Here's what you can expect to be doing as our Facilities Co-ordinator
You will be driven to ensure quality, adherence and excellence is continual carried out at all times. You will need to maintain a deep rooted desire for great customer satisfaction and continually drive the importance of health and safety in everything the facilities department does. Delivering;
- Accurate reports regarding the performance of the maintenance function
- Accurate quotes and timely purchase orders
- Escalation of issues to the correct sources
- Adherence to service level agreements including management of third party’s
- Ensuring Health and Safety is upheld
- Ensure site inspections are carried out
Facilities Co-ordinator Duties will also include;
- Compiling reports such as board report, costing reports etc.
- Job logging and updating
- Assisting the on-site maintenance team
- Contractor liaison and contractor management including set up, renewal and management of service levels
- Obtaining quotes and raising purchase orders
- PPM (planned Preventative Maintenance) administration
- Site inspections
- Customer liaison (warehouse managers, office staff, H&S team etc)
- Support Reception team as required
A few things about you
- A minimum of 2 years’ professional experience within a facilities role working in a fast-paced office environment is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Decisive yet methodical
- Customer focused
- Open Communicator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to deal with people and emergency situations
- Ability to use initiative and problem solve
- Self-motivated, methodical and highly organised
- Basic Health & Safety knowledge and understand the requirement for RAMS & Insurance from Contractors
Why choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it. We’ve got everything you could need in one place, so it’s really no wonder we were named Retail Week Employer of the Year 2015.
“Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different.”
Great people deserve great things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our “AO Perks” to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.
For your chance to join our AO family and be part of our future as a Facilities Co-ordinator apply now!