Front End Developer
A superb opportunity has arisen for an experienced Front End / Full Stack Developer to become a key team member of an established, highly motivated and energetic creative agency within a varied and exciting role, where you will be given all the tools you need to further develop your programming skills and progress your career.
Who will I be working with?
Worldspan is an award-winning event and creative agency, with an extensive track record of producing exceptional solutions for clients. Established for over 40 years, Worldspan have designed and delivered engaging events and creative communications for some of the world's leading organisations, and have a philosophy of forging long-term partnerships, generating ideas and delivering excellence.
Worldspan is a business which truly values and invests in its employees, where the team of 35+ multi-disciplined and long-serving employees enjoy a fun and friendly, yet professional working environment. In addition, the business provides superb training and career development opportunities, and the company is proud to have been accredited with an ‘Investors in People Gold Award’.
So, what will the role of Front End Developer entail?
Working as part of a highly experienced development team, as a Front End Developer you will work on a diverse range of digital projects from concept to completion. Your duties will include although not be limited to:
- Working closely with colleagues to identify logical and cutting edge solutions for client briefs to deliver world class digital websites and web-based applications
- Taking a website design in Photoshop format and creating valid and responsive HTML and CSS
- Creating the necessary Django application models and templates
- Conducting thorough testing of websites and applications across modern browsers and operating systems
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of developments and advances in digital industries
What will I need to be considered for this Front End Developer role?
- Proficiency in Python 2.7 and the Django framework, and experience with templating systems
- Solid understanding of UX and UI across desktop and mobile devices
- Passionate about continuously developing your skills and learning new coding and programming languages
- Superb communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- High level of attention to detail
- A positive outlook, along with enthusiasm, drive and self-motivation
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise own workload effectively
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Good understanding of Amazonaws (S3 and CloudFront)
- Knowledge of eLearning modules and SCORM compliancy
- Ability to develop custom jQuery plugins, and configure server software including; Linux; Apache; Nginx; MySQL
What will I receive in return?
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum, level dependent on skills and experience. Plus annual company performance based bonus. Consideration will be given to cover relocation expenses where applicable.
Attractive Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, and private healthcare.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5:30pm. Flexibility will be required with hours to meet business and client needs.
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Abergele (Conwy County, North Wales), conveniently situated 5 minutes off the A55.
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.