About the Role
Due to the continued growth and success of our Residential Property, Farms & Estates team we are looking for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to join the team. In this role you will provide one on one support to a fee earner in relation to both general residential conveyancing work and new build plot sales, duties will include:
- Managing aspects of files managed by qualified lawyers and undertaking routine legal tasks, under supervision
- Time recording all work
- Drafting legal documents using appropriate precedents and templates which address all relevant legal and factual issues and that accurately reflect the client's instructions
- Undertake effective legal research, using appropriate methods and sourcing, presenting the results accurately and clearly
- Provide support for business development and marketing activities including preparing and researching marketing materials and writing articles and blogs where requested
- Attend RWK BD events where appropriate to provide support and to build a network of business and client relationships
- Provide legal support to designated fee earner and act as a legal resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Delegate work effectively, where appropriate, to support staff
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within a Conveyancing team
- Legal qualifications are highly desirable although experience is more important
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Ability to undertake legal work under supervision
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.
Please note that the successful applicant will be subject to pre-employment screening including a DBS (Criminal Background) check.
Please note that closing dates on vacancies are provided as a guideline. Royds Withy King reserves the right to close a vacancy earlier than the stated closing date.
Royds Withy King is a full service UK Top 100 law firm with robust commercial, private client, specialist personal injury and clinical negligence practices. We have the combined expertise of 470 staff across our offices in Bath, Oxford, London and Wiltshire.
We are a passionate and growing firm that strives to be specialists in our field and put client relationships at the core of everything we do. We use our experience across the full range of commercial and private law sectors to put our clients ahead of the curve.
And our strongest advocates are our people; it's the way they relate to our clients and the way they do business. We are proud to have been ranked as a 'Sunday Times Top 100 Best Mid-Size Company to Work For' for the last three years.
We offer a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 26.5 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!