KSR Electronic Systems has an exciting opportunity for an Technical Operator to join our team in Swansea, South Wales, working within its high volume automated assembly environment. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary plus shift premium and benefits. Successful applicants must be flexible and able to work a variety of shift patterns including 3 Shifts and 12hrs.
For more than 50 years, KSR has been an industry leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing adjustable and fixed pedal modules, food and hand-operated parking brakes, electronic throttle controls and an increasingly wide variety of high performance electronic automotive sensors, and power control modules.
The Technical Operator will work within a production team on a high volume manufacturing process. Initial training will focus on operational competency and safe working procedures. Following a successful probationary period, they will be enrolled on our internal Technical Operator programme, which will develop technical abilities across a variety of functions, integrate the individual in to the maintenance group and enable them to effectively maintain the efficient running of their process.
Main Responsibilities of the Technical Operator:
- Basic maintenance of Production line equipment and related machinery.
- Ensuring efficiency across all elements of manufacturing performance.
- Completion of Production and Process documentation.
- Responsibility for conducting start up and shutdown procedures
- Effective communication within the production team and with all support staff; including appropriate escalation and liaising with Technicians and Engineers.
- Develop competency in fault finding, diagnosis, monitoring of performance measures and participation in improvement activities.
- Take a proactive and flexible approach in supporting the achievement of daily production schedules.
- Monitoring of product quality and ensuring real time feedback of quality issues to the appropriate support functions.
- Working with Technicians to support the maintenance group and develop skills in line with role requirements for machine breakdowns, maintenance and repair functions.
Education and Experience required by the Technical Operator:
- Appropriately educated to at least GCSE Level or equivalent
- Must be numerate (GCSE Maths required) and computer literate.
- Proven technical knowledge and experience with relevant skill sets
- Previous experience of working in a high volume electronics manufacturing environment.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic, cross functional team.
- Aptitude to carry out procedures such as machine change overs, basic maintenance & repairs, which are fundamental aspects of the role.
- Previous experience of automated assembly equipment such as Surface Mount and robotics is an advantage.
Technical Operators must be able to work effectively in a high volume production environment and ensure adherence to quality standards and manufacturing procedures at all times. Team work and a flexible attitude are essential as working requirements will vary.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to be our Technical Operator please click ‘Apply’ now.
KSR Electronic Systems LTD is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST