Japan Specialist Travel Consultant
An award winning travel company with its headquarters in Bristol is currently recruiting for Japan travel consultant.
They arrange Small Group Tours and Tailor-made Independent Travel packages for direct clients and other tour operators. The majority of clients are UK based, but they also have a significant volume of customers from North America, Australia and other parts of the world.
This is a Japan sales position. You will be responsible for designing and selling holiday packages and for ensuring customers have the best possible Japan holiday experience.
You will need to meet sales targets whilst providing the highest levels of customer service.
There will be opportunities for research in Japan to aide your understanding of the country and to improve your product knowledge.
Your principal duties will be:
• Designing, creating and selling tailored holidays and group tours of Japan
• Responding to customer enquiries by e-mail and telephone
• Working to achieve specific sales targets, both individually and as a team
• Selling to both direct customers and travel agents
• Researching, developing and improving our huge range of products and services
• Preparing and sending out travel documents and tickets
• Promoting our products and services, both to direct customers and travel agents
• General office duties and other duties as may arise from time to time
You must be able to demonstrate:
• Experience of living and working in Japan (or significant time spent in Japan)
• A passion for Japan as a travel destination and the desire to help others discover the country
• Basic Japanese language skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good time-management and organisational skills
• Core IT skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word & Excel
The following skills/experience will be advantageous:
• Experience of working within the travel industry
• Extensive travel experience in Japan
• Sales experience
• Intermediate/advanced Japanese language skills
• Intermediate/advanced IT skills
• Experience of travelling in Indochina
Full training is provided both in-house and externally.
Salary: GBP19.5-21K + bonus
Working hours: Mon-Fri 9:00-18:00
If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 3 business days.
We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs.