Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Salary: £22K - £28K PA (DOE)
Contract: Full time, Permanent (42.5hrs per week)
Due to continued growth and expansion Magnetic Shields Limited is currently looking for an experienced, skilled Furnace Supervisor to join the team and become part of our professional, industry leading company!
About the Role – Furnace Supervisor
- The successful candidate will hands on role which will involve the loading and operating of the seven heat treatment furnaces.
- The role will involve organising/scheduling the furnace loads.
- A key aspect of the role is the management of the two loading operatives to ensure maximum capacity is achieved and deadlines are met.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- To ensure correct procedures and specifications are followed when operating all furnaces.
- Carrying out any process calibration checks regarding the furnaces.
- Organising workloads for two furnace loading operators.
- Logging any malfunctions with the maintenance department.
- Implementing TPM in conjunction with the maintenance department.
- To aid in design and selection of any kiln furniture/ equipment required.
- To carry out any process calibration checks regarding the furnaces.
- You must have a working knowledge of
- You must be IT proficient (Excel and Word).
- Hands-On Role – must be fit and capable of loading/unloading.
- Team player.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with:
- Metallurgy background or experience.
- Vacuum Furnace Experience.
- Previous experience managing people.
- Previous experience of TPM
Magnetic Shields Limited specialises in the manufacture of bespoke magnetic shielding for use in a large variety of sectors. Based in Kent, England, our manufacturing facility is fully equipped with the latest technology to provide our customers with the highest level of service and quality. All of our manufacturing processes, including heat treatment, are integrated in our production plant.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to succeed in this role please send a copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance!