Safelok are a highly successful and respected worldwide manufacturing business, providing valves and fittings for the oil and gas industry. We are also expanding our provision of sub-contract precision machining services. Due to increasing sales we are looking to recruit further members to our team.
Are you a skilled, keen and hardworking CNC Setter/Operator looking to progress your machining skills? We are looking for bright candidates with a desire to gain machining ability and learn to program or expand pervious programming experience using Fanuc Multi channel controls.
This is the perfect role for someone who is willing to take responsibility and gain trust to be able to move into a supervisor position in the future.
Responsibilities will include:
- Setting and operating a variety of CNC lathes
- Loading and running programs through prove out, producing a valid first off component for verification
- Loading and operating machines, checking against drawings and specifications
- Inspecting work and following quality assurance system, recording production information
- Assisting in stock control of materials, tooling and consumables
- Keeping machines and workshop clean and well maintained
- Meeting delivery requirements
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in setting and operating CNC machines
- Experience of reading and understanding engineering drawings and tolerances
- Proficiency in a range of measuring equipment and inspection techniques
- A high level of IT literacy, including MS Windows and Office
- Programming and CAD/CAM skills would be a great advantage (salary would be increased to suit skills).
Hands on and focused, you must have a methodical approach and great communications skills. Superb time-management and organisation abilities are also key skills.
Safelok is one of the UK top manufacturers of Instrumentation Valves and Fittings and we are proud to offer one of the most comprehensive component design and manufacture packages available today to the Oil and Petrochemical industry.
Harnessing the demands of the industry for Total Quality Management (TQM), the Safelok indigenous quality philosophy provides a range of Valves and Instrumentation Fittings finished to the highest standards.
Maintaining TQM practices throughout the manufacturing process, Safelok ensure all materials utilised in the completion of major components are traceable.
All products are manufactured in compliance with ISO 9001:2008 / ISO 14001:2004
Safelok’s capabilities also extend to instrumentation, procurement packages for major oil companies and the construction industry both in the United Kingdom and throughout the World.