Support Manager / Care Supervisor / Social Care Manager
Job Title: Support Manager
Location: Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland
Salary: £25,000 per annum plus other benefits
The company really changes lives - enabling people with learning disabilities to live a valued and fulfilled life. They work in Newcastle, North Tyneside and Northumberland.
To ensure that the company has the best people in the right places they're looking for a Support Manager to join their skilled team.
Are you a dynamic leader? Can you inspire others to give their best? Are you focussed on delivering great support?
This is an exciting opportunity that calls for an experienced manager who has a sound knowledge of social care. You will be supported by your colleagues and a Service Manager to ensure we deliver great support to people with a learning disability.
You'll have responsibility for a number of staff teams and Lead Support Workers, leading and mentoring them to deliver support which truly changes lives.
You'll be part of their leadership team, contributing not only to the support they offer to people with a learning disability, but to the development and direction of the business as an organisation.
Key Skills Required:
- NVQ Level 2, Team Leading.
- NVQ Level 3, Promoting Independence (or equivalent).
- Plan and allocate work for self and others.
- Lead the development and effectiveness of the team.
- Ability to spot problems early and respond.
- Support the efficient use of resources.
- Contribute to the selection and recruitment of staff.
- Contribute to the development of teams and individuals.
- Lead on developing cultures and strategies in which people are respected and valued as individuals.
- Able to manage change.
- Lead the planning and evaluation of care plans.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to use I.T. effectively.
To apply for this role please click APPLY to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Support Worker, Carer, Care Support, Care Team Leader, Support Manager, Care Assistant, Social Worker, Support Team Leader, Care Coordinator, Support Assistant, Care Manager, Support Coordinator, Special Needs Support, Mental Health Support, Care Supervisor, Autism Support, Support Supervisor will be considered for this role.