DAILY LIVING ASSISTANT
DAILY LIVING ASSISTANT – EXTRA CARE
Lench’s Trust is an independent provider of Home (Domiciliary) Care to people living at home, in an Extra Care scheme. Our passion and focus is for providing high-quality person-centred care, treating all our residents with dignity and respect, and ensuring their safety, health, and well-being.
We are looking for reliable Care Workers and caring people to join our hardworking and friendly team.
Location: William Lench Court, Quinton
Job Type: Permanent 30 hours per week Hourly rate of pay £7.93 per hour and Bank staff.
Our Daily living assistants are responsible for ensuring that people receive the very best standards of care and support in their home.
The Daily living assistant role will involve:
- Providing personal care and support to clients including washing, bathing, and toileting
- Provide refreshments, snacks and assist at meal times
- Do beds and general housekeeping duties, providing practical support and domestic tasks including laundry, shopping etc.
- Prompt/encourage the taking of medication
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
- Promote mobility and independence
- Develop healthy relationships with relatives, relatives, visitors and the care team
- Communicate effectively with other professionals.
- Assist with on-going assessments of Service Users, reporting any changes
The successful Care Worker will have:
- a friendly and caring approach
- a genuine desire to help people
- the ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
- tact and sensitivity
- a respectful approach to clients
- patience and a sense of humour
- reliability and flexibility
- team working skills and the ability to use your initiative
- capacity to work to health and safety guidelines
- ability to remain calm under pressure
- Previous care experience is beneficial
- You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willing to attend training
Required education: CQF/NVQ level 2 Care
Required experience: Care 1 year
To apply please forward your CV by clicking apply.