Heritage Care has a fantastic opportunity for a Team Leader to join the team located in Bexley. Joining us on a full time, permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,875 per annum depending on experience.
Heritage Care is a charitable organisation that provides a range of flexible individualised care and support services for people with learning disabilities, mental health support needs and older people.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our team at our Supported living service in Bexley. You will support the manager in developing a person-centred team that supports each individual to live the life of their choice. You will be involved in the provision of direct care, whilst acting as a main liaison point for families and health and social care professionals. Working as part of a key-working team, you will encourage the individuals we support to develop new daily living skills, make new friends and get involved in their community.
Key Responsibilies as our Team Leader will include:
- To ensure that each individual can achieve their goals in life by supporting each person to have a Person Centred Plan which is continually reviewed
- Supporting each person to develop relationships and make connections with their local community
- To ensure that each individual has means to express their needs and wishes and that methods of communication are clearly recorded and shared with all members of the team.
- To ensure that each individual has a circle of support and work in partnership with people who use our services, their advocates, family, friends and significant others.
- To support each individual with all aspects of their daily life that they have requested support with
- To support each individual with their choice of daily activities
Our ideal Team Leader will have:
- You will need strong experience within a Learning Disability service.
- You will need to be a team player and be able to build positive relationships with our service users, their families and our staff and ideally worked in a supervisory capacity.
- You will have a QCF Diploma/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care. Also demonstrate good written, verbal communication skills as well as numeracy skills.
That is why you should be an experienced care professional, with a relevant background, who is used to setting standards and leading by example. To ensure that the highest standard of care is maintained in accordance with Heritage Care’s policies and procedures and CQC Essential Standards of Quality and Safety.
The benefits we offer our Team Leader include:
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- Bike to work scheme
- Discount scheme with a wide range of retailers
- Refer a friend scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan for travel
We also offer an excellent career progression, extensive training and support will be provided. We provide QCF training (recognised by the City & Guilds) which can lead to formal nationally recognised care qualifications.
Hours of work: 38 hours per week.
If you feel you have the skills and knowledge to become one of our Team Leaders, please apply now. We’d love to hear from you.
All successful candidates are subject to full pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from Disclosure and Barring Service.