Registered Care Manager
Accountable to: Directors and Governing bodies
To manage the day to day running of Home Instead operations, ensuring compliance with all governing body and legislation relevant to the service:
England - Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010 and the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009.
The role and responsibilities:
Responsible for acting in the best interests of the business and the clients we support, and ensuring systems are implemented to monitor quality and performance.
Networking Activities/Business development.
Maintain compliance with all Policy and Procedures.
Ensure that the business maintains 24 hour availability via an on call rota, for both staff and clients.
Indirect Management but full responsibility for:
Recruitment of all staff - Sourcing advertising routes.
- Maintaining an appropriate level of staffing, to meet service requirements
- Checking ID and eligibility to work
- Hiring decisions
- To be carried out quarterly as a minimum
- Observational Monitoring/Spot Checks
- Training needs analysis
- Personal Development plans
- To be carried out annually with all staff
- Carry out Service calls with prospective clients which includes:-
- Information giving
- Information gathering
- Needs assessment
- Risk assessment
- H&S assessment
- Relationship building
- Service agreement signing
- Support/care planning
Recording and matching
- Input all information on CMS and create Client Journal.
- Identify suitable staffing from information gained and maintain profiles to maintain continuity of care.
- Document any activity on client log.
- Be responsible for introducing cg to client.
- Introduce Client Journal and ensure cg is fully informed.
- Ensure new cg’s to be included in existing packages are given the opportunity to shadow.
- Contact Client after initial introduction to ensure happy with cg.
- Carry out regular QA visits and telephone calls.
- Ensure clients and cg are kept up to date with scheduling arrangements.
- Carry out regular service/H&S reviews.
- Ensure that all information is relevant and up to date for each client.
- Implement advanced QA structure.
Direct management and full responsibility for:
- Networking strategy, planning and implementation
- LA/ CCG involvement
- Input system
Policies and Procedures
- Regularly review and update
- Ensure that the Policies & Procedures manual is displayed and available to staff at all times.
- Test cg knowledge of Policies & Procedures at regular intervals.
- Have a full understanding of the Policies & Procedures manual.
- Responsibility for the implementation and update of all policies and procedures for compliance with regulation and legislation.
- Ensure that any relevant Local Area Policies are adopted into your own policy and practice
- Create and implement Best practice pol’ and pro’.
- Ensure all complaints, compliments or comments are appropriately recorded and responded to in the time scales set.
- Ensure relevant reports are forwarded to relevant bodies e.g. CQC, Care Inspectorate, CSSIW, IOM Registration and Inspection Unit, SOVA.
Care Management System/Scheduling
- Input all information and keep up-dated.
- Ensure that all office staff undergoes thorough training on current CMS and understand the need for inputting information.
Health & Safety
- Ensure that Health & Safety audits are completed both in the office and within client’s homes.
- Complete risk assessments where needed.
- Keep up to date with all relevant legislation.
- Report all notifiable incidents to the relevant body.
- Take all reasonable care for the safety of both yourself and others.
- Manage all HR Protocol
- Conduct disciplinary investigations, interviews and meetings following the company policy and procedures, issue disciplinary sanctions where needed, including adult protection issues.
- Take and follow advice from outside HR advisors relating to any disciplinary issues.
- Maintain and review all records required by good practice and regulation for the effective running of the service and the business.
- Record all conversations with relevant others, including time and date.
Confidentiality & Data protection
- Ensure that you follow all policy & procedures to maintain confidentiality.
- Work within the guidance on Data Protection Act.
- Ensure that staff understands the importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Understand Social Care funding.
- Understand Direct Payments.
- Understand Benefits such as DLA and attendance allowance.
- Understand Personal/Individual Budgets.
- Attend a management meeting each week/month and provide reports relating to the business, to tasks completed and tasks outstanding.
- To contribute to the development of new business.
- Contribute to the strategic and business planning and implementation.
Source and prepare (with the relevant people) proposals and tenders.
Attend meetings to network and actively raise the profile of Home Instead
Ensure that all who encounter Home Instead are treated with dignity and respect.
To liaise with other professionals; regarding referrals, the on-going care of current and potential clients.
Training of Caregivers
- Following training and induction programmes
- Implementation of the Care Certificate
- Arranging and providing mandatory training updates
- Sourcing and arranging follow up training e.g. NVQ/QCF/SVQ
- Keeping accurate training records for all staff
- Keeping up-to date with all legislation regarding the training and development of workers
- Accessing training from local funding sources
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 to £32,500.00 /year