New opportunity not to be missed! JZ Flowers has a unique opportunity available for a Facilities Manager to join us in our head office in Newport with regular travel within the UK and Europe. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum & Contributory Pension Scheme.
We are a leading producer of floral bouquets and plants for retailers in the UK and Ireland. Based just West of Hull at the start of the M62 corridor, with other significant operations in Holland, Ireland and Spalding we carefully select and pack over 200 million stems per annum. We have a very fast paced environment, which requires working as a team and we drive to make our customers stand out, by taking ownership of the floral category with an innovative approach. We are proud of our team, who are all very committed in achieving our collective goals. We have experienced significant growth in recent years and we currently employ approx. 400 employees and have a budget turnover of £130 million in 2017.
Role Overview - Facilities Manager
Due to expanding facilities and rapid growth we have identified that a new role is required in order to effectively manage our maintenance and facilities requirements. This would entail full responsibility for three sites based in the UK with one being in Ireland. The role will be primarily based at our Head Office in Newport where we have three facilities totalling 210,000 sq foot, with a further 60,000 sq ft to be added in 2015. These relate to chilled facilities, the majority of which uses a Building Management System (BMS) to manage all utilities.
The successful applicant will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations in relation to buildings and premises, overseeing and managing all established sub-contractors. There will also be a focus on driving continual improvements with our manufacturing processes, assessing project investment appraisals and identification of new technologies that could be of benefit.
What are the responsibilities of the Facilities Manager?
- Overseeing any aspect relating to buildings or site maintenance, this is not a hands on role.
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Calculating, tendering and comparing costs for goods or services to achieve maximum value for money and establishing appropriate contracts as a result
- Managing and leading teams to ensure minimum disruption to core activities whilst delivering a program of regular preventative maintenance on site
- Control and monitor vehicle and logistical movements on site
- Site security and fire, arrangements
- Primary point of contact in the event of any emergencies arising
- Undertake continuing professional development
- Control and oversee a BMS and PPM system
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
- Choosing materials to be used and specify.
- Liaise with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects.
What skills do I need to have to become a Facilities Manager?
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) a relevant field. BA Hons in Architecture would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of the latest developments in solar, AD, heat recovery, gasification and wind turbines etc..
- Interpersonal, relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi task and priorities your workload
- Able to travel between sites and countries
- Project management skills
- A good knowledge base of suitable contractors to support the business facility requirements is needed.
Why not click ‘apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to join a leading producer of floral bouquets and plants as our Facilities Manager.