Estimator / Construction Estimator / Building Estimator
Job Title: Estimator
Our client is the foremost prestige residential redecoration and repairs specialist in our beautiful capital city, London and are the first choice for surveyors and property managers in need of peace of mind through lasting value and a great working relationship.
To be responsible for measuring of prospective works, including gathering accurate data and presenting estimates for works to clients and Sales Director.
To effectively support the QS/ Sales Director in the management of:
- project tenders and works in progress including estimating and measuring works;
- preparation of tenders, monthly valuations and ensuring extra over works and variations to works are properly claimed.
To work with Site Managers to:
- obtain information on the above;
- correctly identify and allocate works to correct subcontractors for pricing at pre-tender;
- effectively manage all tenders so they are submitted on time and correctly; also
To liaise effectively with Business Support and Business Management.
- analysing the client's project requirements
- measuring, costing and estimating of works
- researching materials, equipment and labour costs
- gathering quotes from materials suppliers and sub-contractors
- planning job timescales
- preparing and submitting quotations for work
- monitoring project stages to make sure costs are kept in line with forecasts
- Keeping accurate paperwork and documentation for above
- Liaise with Business Support on
- Accurate log of extra over works and variations for valuation purposes
- Strong O level/GCSE results, A levels an advantage
- Potentially studying for BSc in Quantity Surveying- day release candidates will be considered
- CSCS pass and card held
- Ability to multi task and work both on own initiative and to instructions.
- Good IT skills inc Excel, Word, Access, Outlook.
- An understanding of architectural/ decorating/ refurbishment drawings advantageous.
- Good knowledge of construction processes and costs.
- Appreciates the importance of responsibility in matters of Health and Safety
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to check own work and perform checks on other works completed.
- Able to work within the H&S policy.
- Ability to develop procedures and record/ improve on these.
- Able to liaise with Site Management to collate accurate logs of 'extra over' works and variations on all projects for monthly valuations.
- Professional, courteous manner.
- Good standard of spoken and written English.
- Experience of measuring and pricing works a distinct advantage.
- Good research and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to take on varied training courses for personal and professional development.
PLEASE NOTE: Our client will not be sponsoring visas for this position. Please only apply if you have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant job titles or experience of; Estimator, Assistant Quantity Surveyor, Surveyor, Estimating, Contracting Experience, Junior Quantity Surveyor, Building Estimator, Construction Estimator, RICS, Development Surveyor, Construction Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Quantity Surveyor, QS, Senior QS will also be considered for this role.