Operations / Logistics Manager
Operations / Logistics Manager
A superb career opportunity has arisen for a highly driven operations / distribution / logistics management professional with excellent customer service and leadership skills, to be part of a quality focused, fast growing business, where you will ensure the smooth operation of services and become a key part of the business’ ongoing success.
Who will I be working with?
RHT Group is a leading nationwide provider of office installation, commercial relocation and ethical disposal services. Established in 1980, the highly motivated and experienced team have gained an enviable reputation for high quality service and pride themselves on building strong and lasting relationships with their clients, which include Ford, Barclays and BAE Systems to name a few.
What will the role of Operations / Logistics Manager entail?
Reporting to the Regional Director, as the Operations / Logistics Manager you will be responsible for managing and coordinating the daily activities of the operations centre, ensuring a high standard of service which exceeds client expectations. Duties and responsibilities will include, although not be limited to:
- Liaising with clients to coordinate and arrange delivery of products
- Managing the operations team i.e. administration and warehouse
- Planning and scheduling the deployment of resources
- Recruiting operational staff
- Sourcing, appointing and managing sub-contractors
- Managing commercial vehicles, both leased and spot hire
What will I need to be considered for this Operations / Logistics Manager role?
- Proven experience working within operations / distribution / logistics management
- Hold a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) for Transport Managers
- Excellent customer service skills with a good telephone manner
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task and meet strict deadlines
- Strong work ethic with a polite and courteous manner
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire team members
- Full UK driving licence and own transport
What will I receive in return?
You'll be part of a growing reputable business in a role where your effort and contribution will be noticed and rewarded.
Salary: £28,000 to £35,000 level dependent on experience
Attractive Benefits: Company contribution pension scheme and private healthcare
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Warrington (Cheshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Operations / Logistics Manager vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer RHT Group. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer RHT Group, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Click to apply