Functional Skills English Tutor
An exciting opportunity is available for a part-time enthusiastic Functional Skills English Tutor to join an independent training provider that has been helping young people move forward with their lives for 30 years. Based in the centre of Burton upon Trent, the successful Functional Skills English Tutor will, earn £18,000 - £28,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
The successful Functional Skills English Tutor will deliver engaging and effective training sessions to groups, compile and assess BTEC (Employability) qualifications (where applicable), deliver English and/or maths qualifications – either Functional Skills or GCSE’s and contribute towards ensuring excellent student attendance & retention.
Main responsibilities and duties
To safeguard the welfare of all students, preventing radicalisation and promoting British Values
- To deliver engaging and innovative group training sessions to students
- To engage external speakers (employers, business people, celebrities, progression/support agencies) in order to enhance the learning experience
- To plan and facilitate enterprise projects
- To deliver GCSE/functional skills qualifications
- To deliver training that meets criteria & standards for BTEC (where applicable)
- Arrange and facilitate motivational visits/activities
- To conduct & use initial assessment effectively and set students appropriate, but challenging, targets & goals
- To assess readiness for FS/GCSE exams
- To assess and map units for BTEC portfolio and (where applicable)
- To conduct and document meaningful student reviews as per procedures
- Invigilate exams & mark functional skills exam papers as appropriate
- Ensure that student attendance and retention targets are met, with absences robustly followed up
- To achieve targets to meet contractual/blueprint obligations
The successful Functional Skills English Tutor must be a highly motivated communicator and have the following qualifications and skills;
- Level 2 English & Maths (or working at)
- Deliver effective training sessions to groups
- Persuade and influence others and deal with conflict/challenging behaviour
- Build rapport with target group and retain their attention during training sessions
- Work well under pressure
- Work to targets and deadlines
- Innovative & solution focused
- Remain positive, with a bubbly and engaging personality
- Excellent organisation skills
- Competent in use of IT
- Meet targets and provide a quality service to all stakeholders
If you are interested in the Functional Skills English Tutor vacancy please submit your CV along with a covering letter explaining why you believe you are suitable for the position. Once this is submitted you will be asked to complete our Application Pack and send your completed application to our recruitment email address before the closing date.
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday 4th August 2017.
The welfare of our students is paramount and the successful candidate will be subject to a DBS check.