Security Officer - Sudbury, Suffolk
Vacancy Reference: SEC-SUF-KS-1207
Job Title: Security Officer
Job Type: Part-Time; Permanent
Shift Pattern: Weekends
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
Salary: £7.50 per hour – 24:00 hours per week
Benefits: AE Pension; Uniform; Training
Are you a SIA licensed Security professional looking for a new opportunity? Do you consistently demonstrate outstanding levels of integrity alongside exceptional operational ability? Can you deliver an approachable, customer-focussed service? Are you experienced in working in a busy operational environment? If the answer is “yes”, we are keen to hear from you.
Servest Group is an expert in facilities management, creating environments which enable people to deliver exceptional experiences to help organisations to be more efficient, effective and sustainable. We are presently experiencing an exciting period of change and growth. This is an excellent opportunity for to further your career whilst working for one of the UK's top Facilities Management Companies.
The location of the client site dictates that candidates would benefit from having access to their own vehicle and will possess a confident personality, enabling them to integrate easily into the on-site Security team and subsequent processes whilst consistently upholding the same Servest values.
Working on-site at our customers' premises in Sudbury, Suffolk, the Security Officer will have responsibility for ensuring the safety and security of our client's property and employees, whilst maintaining a presence on site. The successful candidate will provide a rigorous yet welcoming gatehouse security presence at the clients' site, in addition to supporting with operational issues.
Tasked with operating the access and egress function, the Security Officer will build effective relationships with staff, delivery drivers and visitors and guests. You will secure the site and carry out night time patrols of the site alongside passive CCTV monitoring.
We are looking for confident, reliable and flexible security professionals who are capable of building good relationships with visitors and clients alike. You will need to have excellent communication skills, high levels of attention to detail and should take ownership of tasks, seeing things through to completion and ensuring issues are resolved in an effective and satisfactory manner. You will have high levels of integrity and will go about your day-to-day duties with efficiency and professionalism.
Primary duties will include:
- Providing an efficient and effective Security Service for our client, ensuring high standards are delivered and maintained
- Access and egress duties at the sites' gatehouse entrance
- Undertaking regular site patrols, regular check calls, maintaining logs and passive CCTV monitoring
- Effective monitoring of visitors and employees on site and assisting to maintain high levels of site security
- Understanding of and adherence to Health and Safety regulations with responsibility for the Health & Safety welfare of colleagues alongside their own
- Logging details of incoming visitors; maintaining a log of incoming customers' electronic devices
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills, experience and behaviours:
- A full SIA License is essential
- 1st Aid Certificate and SIA CCTV are highly desirable. Candidates who do not have accredited First Aid training may be required to complete a First Aid course
- Full driving license and access to own transport essential
- High levels of integrity and professionalism
- Basic IT and Microsoft Office skills essential (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Our on-site security teams deliver outstanding security services to our clients, 24 hours per day, across 7 days per week, however this role is dedicated to providing Security presence at the weekends. Hours are 06:30-18:30, Saturday and Sunday.
We offer excellent career and development opportunities, as an organisation that's proud of its' great people - We believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success. If you are interested in applying for this role and meet the above criteria, please email your CV to email@example.com
To find out more please visit us on www.servest.co.uk
Servest is an equal opportunities employer and rely on diversity to deliver on our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, nationality.
*** NO AGENCIES PLEASE ***