Site Operative - Transport
Job title: Site Operative - Transport
LocationL Maidenhead, SL6 7BE
Salary - £19,000 - £23,000 per annum (DOE)
Benefits: The role comes with 20 days' annual leave + public holidays and an additional period of leave over the Christmas period (this is discretionary)
An exciting opportunity to become part of a growing and developing business; Our client provides high quality traffic and transportation survey data. They are involved in surveys such as CCTV, ANPR traffic counts and ATC (Automatic Traffic Counter) surveys.
They are a fast growing UK company which has established a reputation for delivering reliable and dependable data into the UK marketplace. With their Head Office based in Maidenhead and a second UK office in Wolverhampton, they are now one of the largest transport survey companies and have long term aspirations to expand their brand internationally.
The successful candidate must be 21 years old or over and hold a full UK driving license. Full Training provided to successful candidates.
Job Description;Site Operative - Transport
As a Site Operative you will spend 80% of your time visiting differing roadside locations throughout the South and Midlands, with the remaining time spent in the office.
You will be will be responsible for the installation, monitoring and collection of temporary roadside traffic and transport survey equipment and this includes Automatic Traffic Counting (ATCs), high-mast CCTV and ANPR technology; full training will be given.
The successful candidate will:
- Learn how to effectively resolve minor technical issues and develop solutions whilst on site
- Deliver with enthusiasm; timely, accurate and robust data collection during live surveys
- Be responsible for the Health and Safety of themselves and those affected by the equipment used
- Where necessary, will deal with the public in a sensitive and professional manner
- Provide detailed and accurate site paperwork as well as quality assurance checking of site works
- Work on a Day/Night/Weekend shift pattern
Good standard of level of numeracy and IT skills are essential, along with basic knowledge of MS Office packages; Particularly Outlook and Excel. Experience of on-site works in relation to traffic surveys or similar would be advantageous, however, not essential.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy and enjoy the aspect of working with technical equipment
- Have a basic understanding of the Health & Safety considerations associated with working on a live highway
- Good standard of level of numeracy and IT skills, along with basic knowledge of MS Office packages Particularly Outlook and Excel
- Be a competent driver
- Confidence to handle power tools onsite while working close to a live highway
- Be able to understand and follow procedures within the company
- Be able to meet deadlines and produce high quality work
- Be organised, conscientious, motivated and flexible
- Must be able to work as part of a team and follow instructions, but also be confident to work individually
- Show willingness to learn new skills and be part of a growing business
How to apply
To be considered for the role of Site Operative please click on 'Apply' and upload your CV.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK