Spacecraft AOCS Software Engineer
Spacecraft AOCS Software Engineer
The company is currently seeking a high-calibre software engineer to join the Space Division, based in Bristol, UK. Our spacecraft on-board software group are currently seeking an enthusiastic, ambitious and motivated individual with expertise in the area of developing mathematical software (such as on-board attitude and orbit control software).
We deliver a wide range of projects and products to our customers, such as the European Space Agency, spanning large scale system developments used to control satellites to small technology studies involving prototypes and technology demonstrators. This is an extremely exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of prestigious ESA space missions, such as ExoMars.
As a team lead or senior engineer within the group you will be responsible for leading and contributing significantly to our on-board software development teams. Successful candidates should possess some or all of the following skills and expertise:
This post would suit a candidate with post graduate qualifications and a handful of years of experience in mathematical modelling and the development of mathematical software. Although ideal, experience in the space sector is not essential. Tasks will include requirements analysis, software design, software implementation and software validation/verification. In addition to these engineering tasks, candidates will be expected to present and communicate any work undertaken in both commercial and academic environments.
Working for us involves work that offers a good technical challenge. Our staff are enthusiastic, self-starters who thrive in a dynamic environment where our size means we are large enough to count and small enough to care. The work will be based in our Bristol office in the UK.
* A degree (or equivalent) in a mathematically based subject
* Experience in mathematical modelling using tools such as Matlab/Simulink
* Excellent all-round programming skills, preferably in C and/or Ada
* Knowledge & experience of the software lifecycle
* An analytical approach and problem solving abilities
* Ability and motivation to work autonomously and technically interact with customer representatives.
* Ability to interpret and write technical documentation
* Good personal skills; candidates must be able to work in a collaborative team environment
* Must be willing to work on diverse range of projects
* It is expected that the roles will include some customer interaction, so candidates need to be fluent in English and confident in their role to represent the company
* Flexible to travel to customer sites (both UK and non-UK) and willing to work on customer sites
* Eligibility to work and live in the UK
* Willing to have Security Clearance
* PhD or postgraduate masters in a mathematically based subject
* Knowledge or experience of spacecraft attitude and orbit control systems
* Experience in developing mission critical / embedded software
* Knowledge or experience of spacecraft flight dynamics
* Experience in Control theory
* Experience of software unit testing tools such as ADAtest or Cantata
* Team leadership experience
* Knowledge of ECSS standards
To continue your application, please click 'Apply' below and ensure you include a valid email address as you will be sent further instructions.