Trainee Health and Safety Advisor
Trainee Health and Safety Advisor
* Salary £20k+ depending on experience
* Full time position 0830-1700 Monday to Friday with 30 minutes lunch
* 28 days including Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
We're searching for a reliable, bright, ambitious individual with proven organisational skills who wants an opportunity to carve out a career in Health & Safety. As the Health & Safety Coordinator your key day to day duties will support H&S across our client's businesses. Working closely with, and reporting to, our Health & Safety Advisor you will organise and assist with delivering training and advice, conducting accident investigations, site visits and build relationships with all levels of our clients' workforce. You will have a desire to add value at each step of the customer journey and understand the meaning of exceptional customer service. You will also support the Development and Growth of a business which is in the early stages of its potential.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Excellent literacy and numeracy demonstrated by GSCE A* to B grades or equivalent in Math & English. Experience in a Health & Safety role would be beneficial, as would any experience in preparing Risk Assessments and Method Statements. You will want to and be supported to gain NEBOSH General Certificate inside 24 months. Driving licence and own transport is essential. Proficient using a PC and the Windows Operating System, Web Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Microsoft Explorer), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Construction industry related experience would be an advantage.
Based in Banbury, and operating throughout central England, Paramount aims to deliver best-in-class Health & Safety services to contractors who work for UK house builders leveraging our passion, experience, knowledge, skill and technology to ensure a safer, healthier environment on site. Paramount's bespoke professional health and safety services are, tailored to the specific needs of our clients and the house building industry and we are approved Worksafe Consultants and a member of the Safety Management Advisory Services Ltd recognised by Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP).
So, what will I actually be doing?
As the Health & Safety Coordinator you are the lynchpin of the office, the glue that binds the Health & Safety Advisor and the client together and the first person clients will often approach when there's a problem, which can range from the serious such as recording an accident, to just needing a Tool Box Talk induction organising. With a range of responsibilities at your feet, you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker.
The role of Health & Safety Coordinator is demanding and bursting with variety. You will love the diversity the role offers and your daily tasks may well include:
* Arranging and attending client meetings and appointments
* Creating and assist in delivering our own brand of bespoke Health & Safety services
* Engaging with Prospective Clients, assisting with creating new business opportunities
* Communicating with Clients and their workforce in person, via the phone and email
* Reporting to management
* Reviewing and implementing the company's Health & Safety policy
* Learn to Support the HSE and there Initiatives
* Conduct Site Audits
* Deliver Tool Box Talks and Guidance to Client Operatives on Site
In addition to your primary job role you will also be required to support any other matters relating to the Company.
Who We're Looking For
We're seeking an individual that can demonstrate the following qualities:
* Effective communication
* Computer and technical literacy
* Problem-solving and creativity
* Interpersonal abilities
* Teamwork skills
* Planning and organising
* Adaptability and flexibility
* Professionalism and work ethic
* Positive attitude and energy
* Detail oriented
* Hard working and reliable
For the right candidate, the following training will be supplied:
* NEBOSH Construction Certificate
* CITB SMSTS
Please click 'Apply' to forward a copy of your CV