Inventory Planning Manager
Inventory Planning Manager, Leigh, FMCG Food Manufacturing Company
An exciting opportunity for an Inventory Planner Manager has arisen for a leading Food Manufacturer based within a Supply Planning Department in Leigh. Whilst being part of a larger group, the Company remain independent so they are able to act quickly and efficiently to ensure they stay ahead of the competition. One of their key strengths is their "small company" culture of close teamwork and camaraderie. Yet they have big brands to be proud of and offer great career routes and opportunities.
The Inventory Planning Manager will make decisions regarding the management and strategy of inventory holding and will be responsible for forecasting the inventory (working capital) and reporting variations. It is expected that the IPM will be a driver for change and fully engage in optimization projects, specifically the design and implementation of Demand Driven Planning. We work in a fast-paced, high volume environment so strong team management and an ability to respond and prioritise under pressure is key to success. Product life-cycle management is also a key part of the role.
- Deliver a robust inventory management policy that is designed to achieve business targets using standard inventory principles ensuring stakeholders are engaged and educated
- Proactive identification of initiatives to optimize inventory holding
- Deliver accurate long range working capital forecasts, taking account of inventory policies, demand plans and business strategy
- Product life-cycle management with active involvement in the Gate process and associated projects representing Supply Chain.
- Long term review (3 - 18 month) translating the strategic demand plan into supply actions and capacity plans. Working collaboratively with in-house production, suppliers and procurement to ensure that demand requirements are understood and plans are in place to execute the plan.
- Long term capacity planning, working closely with in-house production, suppliers and procurement to ensure that the demand requirements are understood and plans are in place
- Engagement in the Business risk management process, ensuring that any departmental risks are captured and actions designed to mitigate high impact risks
- Team management and development including scheduled 1:1 meetings, stretch projects and personal development to deliver a high performing, motivated team
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have previous experience of supply/demand planning with some inventory management
- Have supervisory or management experience
- Have experience of ERP principles
- Have proven analytical ability with a keen eye for detail coupled with excellent numerical and verbal skills
Salary: £35,000-£37,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Materials Planner, Supply Chain Planner, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Materials Requirement Planner, MRP, Supply Planners, Materials Controller, Production, FMCG, Bolton Lancashire Manchester Liverpool Blackburn Wigan Preston Leigh Wigan Warrington Lancashire